Hikvision doorbell and camera

You can do rtsp using the ffmpeg component. I’m mobile now so can’t link it but search ‘ffmpeg rtsp’.

What I want is a chime or alert with doorbell ring :frowning: the only thing I miss from my ring doorbell

@jschwalbe yes me too. I ordered the doorbell with the psu. So it’s running from that; therefore I dont know of a way to connect it to the old chime and dont want to tempt faith as this is the second one. I fried the first one with the wrong power supply.

Currently I installed the hikvision app on the tablet i’m using as a dash and have it a full volume. not ideal but does the job.

Next issue is the camera motion sensor. This didn’t work for me. https://www.home-assistant.io/components/binary_sensor.hikvision/

In the past ffmpg was not working for a pi 3.

Now I use Ubuntu NUC, so maybe it works. I have to try

For those using an independent power supply unit (instead of mechanical doorbell power source) I found a way to use media_player (chromecasts, sonos, whatever) to play a door chime and in the process of doing that stumbled on a way to also pull the motion detector signal. Let me know if of interest.

for sure it is interesting

ok, I’ve posted it in projects

1 Like

What kind of psu are you using? I am planning to get one but door chime in Norway uses 8V

This is what I ordered

1 Like

YEs its working fine.

Any idea how to have audio (mic nd/or speaker)?

Any updates on this would be great to use tap into the button press

I have wall mounted tablets and was just going to use the hik-connect app to answer the doorbell but the app is pretty terrible with the doorbell, doesn’t work in landscape mode and also the feed is all squashed up in the top and stretched. With multiple devices on the same account the app just keeps ringing on a second device even if its answered on the first.

My other thought was to somehow wire in a sensor to the chime part so it triggers HA to do something, I think its pretty low power though will have to do some testing, maybe wire in a light switch and run my automations from that trigger.

This is my idea…maybe have to use a relay in their…I’m no electrician but would this work ?

This is the supplied transformer that came with the camera plugs into power outlet style.

This way I can bypass the hikconnect app, have the zwave switch position trigger my own notification through my google home minis and bring up camera feed on my tablets via floorplan

If you’re using a mechanical chime you might be able to put a reed switch contact next to the coil to get an alert on doorbell activation.

Did you ever do this / did it work?

I moved houses so its kinda on the backburner of things at the moment.

I didnt have much luck with the zwave switch though will likely go the mechanical chime and some kind of sensor route.

Might be handy for fellow UK Guys and Girls…

The HiWatch DB-120A-IW is on offer for just over £90, the company normally sells it for £102 and on Amazon it’s £109

I don’t know how many they have left in stock though.

I have just ordered one, want to integrate it into my Synology Surveillance System and prob feed the sub feed either to a wall mounted Tablet or to a Google Cast when the door bell rings.

Be interested to here how you setup the subfeed to cast / tablet from doorbell ring.

I have the DS-KB8112-IM and have been busily familiarising myself with that.

This is the way I got streaming working:

camera 3:
  - platform: ffmpeg
    input: rtsp://admin:[email protected]:554/Streaming/Channels/101
    name: Front Door

ffmpeg:
  ffmpeg_bin: /usr/bin/ffmpeg

I have had very little luck with the ISAPI interface. I am starting to realise that the marketing material is misleading, and that you really need to get an indoor station for this model at least.

Using ISAPI I can get some basic information, and am able to send a reboot command - but most commands from the Hikvision ISAPI manuals are met with HTTP 404.

Not even the Binary Sensor works - I get 404s all through the logs.

This component could support:

pressing the button as event
camera stream (or pehaps it can be done already?)
actionable notifications with the image shot

Actionable notification could have button to pick up the call with live video stream (opened in the app) or reject the call.

How did you do to integrate or disable DS-KB8112-IM triggering? I’m trying and still can’t friend

1 Like

lerroy_b, it depends if that relay operates off of AC or DC. Doorbell circuits are almost always AC.

I ran my normal doorbell to a 5A AC hall sensor attached to an arduino nano that reads bell on/off (using the serial sensor integration). If this hik bell is designed to work directly with existing bell circuits (rings the original 12VAC chime), then the hall sensor should also work with it. Although, I’m guessing it’s not (probably just sends a wifi signal blah blah… I hate wireless sec cams anyways).