Hikvision doorbell and camera

If you’re using a mechanical chime you might be able to put a reed switch contact next to the coil to get an alert on doorbell activation.

Did you ever do this / did it work?

I moved houses so its kinda on the backburner of things at the moment.

I didnt have much luck with the zwave switch though will likely go the mechanical chime and some kind of sensor route.

Might be handy for fellow UK Guys and Girls…

The HiWatch DB-120A-IW is on offer for just over £90, the company normally sells it for £102 and on Amazon it’s £109

I don’t know how many they have left in stock though.

I have just ordered one, want to integrate it into my Synology Surveillance System and prob feed the sub feed either to a wall mounted Tablet or to a Google Cast when the door bell rings.

Be interested to here how you setup the subfeed to cast / tablet from doorbell ring.

I have the DS-KB8112-IM and have been busily familiarising myself with that.

This is the way I got streaming working:

camera 3:
  - platform: ffmpeg
    input: rtsp://admin:[email protected]:554/Streaming/Channels/101
    name: Front Door

ffmpeg:
  ffmpeg_bin: /usr/bin/ffmpeg

I have had very little luck with the ISAPI interface. I am starting to realise that the marketing material is misleading, and that you really need to get an indoor station for this model at least.

Using ISAPI I can get some basic information, and am able to send a reboot command - but most commands from the Hikvision ISAPI manuals are met with HTTP 404.

Not even the Binary Sensor works - I get 404s all through the logs.

This component could support:

pressing the button as event
camera stream (or pehaps it can be done already?)
actionable notifications with the image shot

Actionable notification could have button to pick up the call with live video stream (opened in the app) or reject the call.

How did you do to integrate or disable DS-KB8112-IM triggering? I’m trying and still can’t friend

1 Like

lerroy_b, it depends if that relay operates off of AC or DC. Doorbell circuits are almost always AC.

I ran my normal doorbell to a 5A AC hall sensor attached to an arduino nano that reads bell on/off (using the serial sensor integration). If this hik bell is designed to work directly with existing bell circuits (rings the original 12VAC chime), then the hall sensor should also work with it. Although, I’m guessing it’s not (probably just sends a wifi signal blah blah… I hate wireless sec cams anyways).

Hi
I buy to my house Hikvision Video Intercom model DS-KV8102-IM with interior LCD DS-KH8301-WT. Is any solution to integrate it with Home Assistant ?
Anybody has any solution for it ?
https://www.hikvision.com/pl/Products/Video-Intercom/Villa-Door-Station/DS-KV8X02-IM

https://www.hikvision.com/pl/Products/Video-Intercom/Indoor-Station-/DS-KH8301-WT

Surprisingly I’ve found my two devices in EZVIZ IFTTT integration, maybe that could be a way to integrate in hass

Try and give us info.

What model you have?

I have 2 DS-KB6403-WIP, one from U-Bell and one from LaView. Both with firmware V1.4.62 but different builds 180726 and 180515.
If I try ezviz IFTTT integration I can see both devices (with the name I have assigned them).
The problem is on the trigger, there are a lot of triggers available (pir,smoke,door sensor, PM10, etc) but nothing that can be directly related to a doorbell, button or ring.
Tomorrow I will try as trigger (THIS): IO alarm, Third-party caption, emergency and magnetic-contact. (and email as THAT)

PS. Ezviz app (android) works (tried only as cameras) with the same hik-connect credentials, also desktop app (ezvizstudio) works

Update: EZVIZ app also works for notifications
Update 2: The 4 tested triggers doesn’t do anything, more test will come

Hey there :slight_smile:

For now, can someone confirm the following :

• Live view is accessible through HA ?
  • The device can trigger a classic 12V chime ?
  • Still investigating in a way to retrieve a trigger

If the first 2 are ok, I might buy it and try to integrate it too :slight_smile:
Thank you !

Hey.
I have the DS-KB6403. It has RTSP stream, so you can implement it to HA as any other camera. I use it with Blue Iris and that works great. Night vision is shitty, other then that its fine.
Not sure about the 12v chime, you have to Google that.
As far as I know, there is no way to get the button trigger into HA. There are workaround using an Android phone with the Hik-Connect app and tasker(?) to trigger stuff in HA. I didn’t care and just placed a motion sensor at the door, so I know when there are people there anyway.

Hi
Any news about integrate it with HA ?

Hi doorbell engineers :slight_smile: - I’ve ordered the Ezviz db1 (Hikvision rebrand), which comes with a module that activates a standard chime. I am going to attempt to tap from this module in order to get an event to Hassio. I am not sure how I am going to do it yet. Has anyone else tried or completed this method of getting the doorbell presses? I would be interested to hear if anyone else has also had any luck sensing 12 volt current and triggering events from it. I will let you know how how far I get (will probably take me a while!).

I have tried to put a 24vac relay instead of a chime, it was always triggered… Probably a current threshold has to be made, didn’t know how…

Adding fuel to the fire here. I have recently installed these hikvision goodies:
○ Indoor station: DS-KH8350-TE1
○ Outside Door Station: DS-KD-8003-IME1

Very happy with the product itself, but disappointed i cant fully HASS integrate (the workarounds of a dedicated android or sensors around magnetic doorbells rub me the wrong way)…

I have a load of other (dedicated) hikvision cameras and probably like many here assumed the API would be like-for-like on the doorbell camera. Sadly not.

I ran port scans (nmap) over dedicated cams vs the doorbell, and yup, seems they dont even have a port 80 (http) listener on the doorbell, which i assume is how the API is provided, and how our binary_sensor (line crossing etc) integration has been reverse engineered in their proper cameras:

… so no dice here.

I too am looking for the button-press event.

Has anyone tried to capture packets between hik-connect iPhone app and internet when there is a doorbell press? Or capture between the indoor station and doorbell for that matter. Perhaps those can be reverse engineered. Im a network guy so can get the packet captures easy enough… if anyone else is good at the protocol decode? (thats what someone did for reverse engineering LG air conditioning for instance).

Also occurred to me actually ASK hikvision support to:
1/ add a HTTP listener to the doorbell cameras (seems stupid to me you HAVE to configure these entirely within iVMS, and only on windows iVMS too for that matter!).
2/ add an event for button press that our binary_sensor could subscribe to similar to line-crossing etc.

Has anyone done actually asked hikvision if they would be receptive of this? Dont get if you dont ask?

Hoping to help nudge this along with you smart folks…
Keiran.

the hikvision looks good, i am still deciding to buy the cheaper hikvision without api, or the doorbird, with full api documented , but more expensive

hows the hardware? is it any decent? compared to doorbird, i think doorbird looks a nicer design

allthough there is also a ds-kh9310 out, that seems to have custom apps