Hikvision enable / disable Events

hello,
i have hikvsion DS-2CD2143G0-I camera, which supports Events as Crossing Detection, Movement detection etc…

The issue is that these events has to be scheduled by normal “schedule” ie per hour which is unusable in my case… I need to enable/disable these events based on my location, or based on some trigger from alarm ie i am at home, disable events, i left the home enable events…

Is such a configuration possible?

thanks!

Yes, an easy way to do that is to integrate it via Frigate which is available as an add on.

Check out this video on how to do it.

The hikvisioncam integration can be used to turn motion detection on or off (it adds a switch entity). However, that’s all it does. No line crossing detection as far as I can tell. There is a feature request for that: Add support for smart motion detection events in 'hikvisioncam' component

I’m guessing that you want to continue to receiving notifications from hikvisions mobile app? I myself prefer the manufactures app rather than screenshots or stream through HA.

Silence the mobile app notifications on the phone. In android you can also minimize/hide them. This allows all the events to be pushed to hikvision app. Now set all your notifications up in HA with all the rules you need.

Finally use clickAction in the message data to open the hikvision app. Now you will receive audible notifications, on schedule/rule, from an HA text that when clicked will open the hikvision app.

@Mikefila
not sure if I understand, yes i want to use native hikvision mobile app; but i wanted to enable/disable Events/smart events via HA - ie if HA receives right event it will enable / disable these notifications, I dont want to mess up with mobile / app notifications multiple times per day.

"Finally use clickAction in the message data to open the hikvision app. " No idea what do u mean by that… Seems you are mixing mobile app notifications with HA setup? I assume it has to be integrated somehow …

thanks

So you can add actions to the texts you send from HA. When this is called through a script or automation, I will receive a text from the ha companion app. When I click on the message it will open another app on the phone.

- service: notify.mobile_app_pixel_3
    data:
      title: Camera
      data:
        channel: alarm
        ttl: 0
        priority: high
        clickAction: app://com.mm.android.DMSS
mode: single

It’s not an integration but a command telling the phone open this app when clicked. In my case it’s dahua’s camera app. Just go to the play store page for the hikvision app on a desktop. The name of the app will be the end of the web adress. You’ll have to look how for iphone.

There is a lot you can do with texts. There is a blueprint that will help to set up more complex texts.