Hisense TV Control

@NeeeeB I dId 100% exactly the same thing as u did and I only used Chrome no firefox etc. MAybe there s someting i dont understand on the mqtt side. if I Test my mqtt config by subscribing to # i can see one hisense Entry but they are not listet as an entity in my Mqtt integration. maybe there is something different. I’m not totaly undersztand this mqtt thing.

There is not much to understand on the MQTT side for this.
And the Sehaas integration won’t be listed under MQTT, it is a separate integration.
It should appear as this once properly configured :

@NeeeeB over the weekend I’ve tried to get it running.
I’ve installed the Hisense MQTT Bridge from @sehaas, the Pincode is showing on the TV but couldnt get the input filed on HA. I’ve tried different browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge) also tried different machines (mobile, Tablet, PC, Laptop).
But its all the same.

Which Information should I get you to help me with this issue.
Any additional Logs or output?

I can’t help you any further, unfortunately I’m no dev or expert of HA.
I think you should get in touch with @sehaas , he is the develoepr of this integration and might be able to help you…
@epictechlab if you see the pin code on TV, it is because HA is able to communicate with your TV, so I believe this is a bit of a progress actually.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for your help until now.

@sehaas how can I get this working? As mentioned above I get the pin code in the TV but never got a pin field on the integration.

1 Like

Could you solve it? Or @sehaas
I have the Same.
TV Shows the Code after I put IP / Mac etc …
But the Integration only Shows the loading circle and I can Not enter the Pin somewhere.

Hey how did you get past the Pin Problem?

ok I read through the closed issues on github
and tried to do the steps setting up the integration with another laptop and this suceeded …
so some kind of weird timing / browser / whatever issue.

1 Like

I just got my U6G setup and now trying to integrate to HA for some automations. I cannot get the RemoteNow app for android to find the TV. I have the IP port control enabled, the content sharing enabled, they are both on the same Wifi network… confirmed the TV is on 5GHz as is my phone…

Do I need this step? Feel like i’m stuck without it, but maybe not. Any ideas?

Figured it out… don’t need remoteNow and per someone else with the U6G only needed the .CRT file

I was able to use OpenSSL included with github on Windows to get the certs

I have try in a number of devices, with no luck. will explore further later.

Solved Pin and authentication now works
I had to use a newer device (laptop) running Chrome (my lab devices are all a bit old).
I had tried to many things and was focusing in the HASS instance using the clue of timing issues, but at the end it was my devices were to old (timing maybe).

Hey
When the TV was Off for a while the ON via the Integration is Not working anymore.

This only happens when the TV was Off for some time … Like It goes into a deeper sleep after some time.

Is this normal? Should a Standard WOL ne Part of the Integration to avoid this?

Thank you

EDIT:
For now I solved it via

configuration.yaml

wake_on_lan:

switch.yaml

- platform: wake_on_lan
    name: Hisense TV Wohnzimmer LAN WOL
    mac: 5C-34-xx-xx-xx-xx

- platform: template
    switches:
      hisense_tv_wohnzimmer_lan_switch_template:
        turn_on:
          service: switch.turn_on
          data:
            entity_id:  switch.hisense_tv_wohnzimmer_lan_wol  #triggers the WOL Switch
        turn_off:
          service: switch.turn_off
          data:
            entity_id:  switch.hisense_tv_wohnzimmer_lan   #triggers the MQTT Switch from sehaas integration
1 Like

Evening All,

Finally working through creating a Virtual Remote for Hisense TV, let me know your thoughts, only one piece of functionality is not working (How to launch TV Guide on the TV) so if anyone know how to fix it that would be awesome

If people are interested I will share the configuration, Built this using a combination of the key resources provided on this thread.

Cheers
Diviesh

2 Likes

hey
this worked for a while.
but since a few days my mosquitto is not connecting to the TV broker anymore.
somebody expieriencing maybe same?
I still connect with mqtt explorer to the tv…

For mosquitto is continously see:
1661263519: Connecting bridge hisense (192.168.1.10:36669)

no other error or whatsoever… a little lost what to try next to get it back connecting

update to my above post:

the issue is with mosquitto 2.0.15 → bridge connection is just not working
after a roll back to 2.0.14 the bridge connection does work

if somebody has a working config for 2.0.15 I would appreciate if it is shared here

2 Likes

Hello,

i have installed the hisense tv integration and control my tv now.
All works perfect, but one problem is there.

When i turn the tv off, in home assistant is showing as on.
When i restart home assistant, the tv is showing right as off.

Is there a way to display the correct on and off status without restarting home assistant?

Please Share this.

Please share your configuration. I have tried and tried with no luck at all. I’m a Newby with absolutely no programming experience. I follow instructions and learn as I go along.

Here is the button for TV Guide (EPG)
Topic: /remoteapp/tv/remote_service/MY_PHONE_MAC$normal/actions/sendkey

Value: KEY_EPG