Holman WX8 Watering System

Based on the development portal DPS 101 changes value when the “programed starts”, i.e. A,B,C change, so there will be a way to decode the programs. Somehow…

1 Like

Could anyone please give me some advice. I have tried a few times now with no success to pair the WX8 to Tuya smart app. it just never finds it. I have tried puting the WX8 into both pairing modes but still nothing. I did remove and factory reset from the holman app. A couple of time. Even disconected the unit and put it next to the router. Any help would be appreciated.

I have a different problem in that my Evie has disconnected again. When it did this before Christmas I replaced the batteries and now it’s showing as disconnected again. It’s either chewed through another set of I have other issues (too far away?) More troubleshooting this weekend!

How easy was your wired sensor to fit/which part did you buy?

Thank you so much @glen15nz - this is excellent…!

Put it in AP mode, click ‘Start’ on the unit until the AP light is flashing, then ‘Add Device’ in the Tuya app under the “Industry & Agriculture” category deleting “Irrigators (Wi-Fi)”. The Holman app won’t work after this, although you can still fully configure the WX8 device in the Tuya app - even looks the same.

I’ve had the WX8 profile added to the custom component “make-all/tuya-local/” for anyone intested. Seems to be the best “local tuya” integration. You will still need the local key but greatly simplifies the installation. Automatic mapping of DPS values to entities.

1 Like

Thank you so much @stevereid - what an incredible time saver with everything setup and ready to go :clap: highly recommend the make-all / tuya-local component.