Home Assistant Add-on: rtl_433 with MQTT auto discovery

Yes! It’s been in the next branch for a while with no issues, and I rolled a new stable tag today.

1 Like

I am running into difficulty specifying a specific decoder from within the config file.

I successfully capture the packets, but the raw data is returned non-decoded. The instructions for the specific project state the following for RTL_433 on the command line, but I’m not sure I’ve formatted it correctly in the HA Add On config file.

rtl_433 -R 0 -f 868.298M -X 'n=Marlec,m=FSK_PCM,s=10,l=10,g=1000,r=2000,preamble=aad391d391'

My HA RTL_433 config file is:

output mqtt://${host}:${port},user=${username},pass=${password},retain=${retain}
report_meta time:iso:usec:tz

frequency 868.3M
output kv

decoder n=Marlec,m=FSK_PCM,s=10,l=10,g=1000,r=2000,preamble=aad391d391
protocol 188

Can anyone see what I am doing wrong?
Thanks for any pointers!

Are you implementing a brand new protocol, or one that is already supported? If it’s one that rtl_433 knows about, you just need the protocol number. If you are implementing a new decoder, you need the decoder line.

It’s a lot faster to test and debug new decoders outside of home assistant, so I’d suggest installing rtl_433 on your normal computer and working there until you get a working decoder line.