Home Assistant addon : qbittorrent (supports openvpn & smb mounts)

Hi, this is strange, I do not have this issue! Everything works fine on mine. This is indeed quite inconvenient!

Do oyu have an addon log that could be shown? I’ll do a test on my system

I might try but it has to wait till weekend as I will have to reinstall everything again. There are several logs, one in qBittorrent directory isn’t the same as shown in the add-on log tab, I’ll try to collect whatever I find. If you could suggest locations for logs it would be awesome.
Thank you for offering to look into the issue

This is really surprising (in addition to inconvenient) to need to reinstall everything… Isn’t it a matter of free space remaining? As normally when you reboot the system, the add-on should be stopped so the only way it can affect the system would be through potential leftover files.

Or could it be an issue with SD card?

The main log is transient and only shown in the add-on log… Which could be not accessible if the system hangs when the add-on runs

I’ve seen lsio has published a new qbittorrent image for 4.5.3, I’ll update to see if it changes something

I have Kingston 120GB SSD, not an SD card, with 90%+ free space it can’t be because of storage

1 Like

I’ve narrowed the problem down a bit. I’ve updated HA to the latest version, tried the latest qBittorrent patch, same result, HA reboots, network flooded, etc. Then I’ve removed QBT completely and installed the update with vanilla configuration. This worked, albeit QTB UI was giving me a big red warning about using old configuration options (even for vanilla install, and there was no data which options are now “old”). Then I’ve added OpenVPN config, QBT restarted ok. Lastly, I added “networkdisks”/“cif” parameters - and ka-boom. I have Synology NAS with shared folders, works perfectly fine with QBT 4.5.2 but apparently not with 4.5.3

I’ve also found this thread - Updated, entire network crashing - this is exactly what happens with my system, however in my case the culprit is the lasted QBT and my router is ASUS. It looks like HA is prone to this “network flood” issue, not necessarily related to the latest HA version.

Indeed… If the issue is a network flood linked to the addon however it shouldn’t affect your HA when starting (if the addon is started) or if internet is disconnected, right ?

Are you on HAos, or a virtual machine ? As from the thread you were refering it seems that ajusting network parameters could help

I’m on Rpi 4, HAOS 10

This is from another thread, Home Assistant OS 10 update has broken my Pi 4b 4GB - #28 by Deckoz2302

From what I can tell, it seems like smbv1/CIFS is deprecated entirely and causes the system to crash when trying to mount.

If have add-ons using SMBv1/cifs, if you can plug directly into the host and use the cli even if it’s only for 20-30seconds before the system crashes and reboots. Try to disable the add ons utilizing CiFS, and the system should boot or not crash long enough to bring up the main HA container, and the webui, at which point you can disable those add-ons on boot.

Need to submit a bug in alexbelgium repo to update the smb/cifs method used in the containers

Just wonder if you ever got the issue submitted

My add-ons actually try all smb versions starting from 3 and only using smbv1 if the user himself is using it. For example some routers such as fritzbox only use smbv1. Si it seems more on the user side.,. On my own system I use the cifs method and never had issues. I use the samba nas add-on that publishes all disks on smb

However, something did change between 4.5.2 and 4.5.3 qBittorrent versions, the latter skips smb3 and smb2, despite NAS support. Assuming it’s the real culprit, it’s definitely QBT’s regression

I’ve just tried disabling smb1 support on my Synology NAS (enabled by default) and an update to QBT 4.5.3 went without an issue. So smb1 is without a doubt the root cause. While we may argue that it’s a “client side fault”, the real problem is with QBT 4.5.3 skipping smb3 or smb2 protocol versions on NAS and only connecting at smb1 level. It wasn’t happening in 4.5.2, and if I may suggest should be fixed as many network servers support smb1 out of the box, or at very least documenting the smb version requirement

1 Like

Great, thanks. I’ve pushed a new version with updated logic please let me know how that goes

It was jumping from trying with smb v3 to v1 while skipping v2, which is now corrected

Many thanks for this great addon.
I use it with an NFS mount thanks to the container’s startup script.
Do you think it could be possible to add wireguard support ?
With openvpn, I can’t exceed 40-45mbit, is this also your case?

After recent update to 4.5.4-2 I can no longer access the WebGUI. A message “502: Bad Gateway” appears instead of showing the GUI. I can only reproduce this if OpenVPN is enabled.

Any idea what could cause this and how to fix?

Since 1 week probably, i didn’t notice for a while, but i’m getting an error that stopping qbittorent from running, any ideas?

───────────────────────────────────────
GID/UID
User UID: 0
User GID: 0
You are running the latest version of this add-on.
System: Home Assistant OS 10.3 (amd64 / generic-x86-64)
Home Assistant Core: 2023.6.3
Home Assistant Supervisor: 2023.06.4

Please, share the above information when looking for help
or support in, e.g., GitHub, forums

Provided by: GitHub - alexbelgium/hassio-addons: My homeassistant addons

Defining permissions for main user :
User UID: 0
User GID : 0

Local Disks mounting…
lsblk: /dev/disk/by-label/dl: not a block device
[07:23:05] INFO: Execute /config/addons_autoscripts/qbittorrent.sh if existing
[07:23:05] INFO: … no script found
[07:23:06] INFO: DNS SERVERS set to 1.1.1.1 8.8.8.8
[07:23:06] INFO: Downloads can be found in /mnt/dl/downloads
[07:23:06] INFO: Whitelisted subsets will not require a password : localhost,127.0.0.1,172.30.0.0/16,192.168.0.0/16
[07:23:06] INFO: WEBUI username set to xxxxxxx
[07:23:06] INFO: Default username/password : admin/adminadmin
[07:23:06] INFO: Configuration can be found in /config/addons_config/qBittorrent
[07:23:06] INFO: Direct connection without VPN enabled
cont-init: warning: some scripts exited nonzero
s6-rc: warning: unable to start service legacy-cont-init: command exited 1
/run/s6/basedir/scripts/rc.init: warning: s6-rc failed to properly bring all the services up! Check your logs (in /run/uncaught-logs/current if you have in-container logging) for more information.
/run/s6/basedir/scripts/rc.init: fatal: stopping the container.

This fixed my issue: Solved: OpenVPN reconnect AUTH_FAILED | Netgate Forum

1 Like

not sure what would be relevant for me as “s6-rc: warning: unable to start service legacy-cont-init: command exited 1” or similar is not mentioned in the thread you referred, i’m not using any vpn, on some other forums i could read it is due to some deprecated functionality that is no longer being used/supported, however no idea how to resolve it.

ohh, solution is way different, actually the hdd died where it was running…

1 Like

Hi, actually I don’t use the add-on with vpn so I can’t really comment :slight_smile:

Have you tried the transmission one? I think it goes faster from what I heard

The latest version crashes HA completely after running for a few minutes. I did not have this issue in the past. Anyone else with the same problem?