Home assistant automation disappeared after update 2023.8.4

Hello still at bit new to ha :wink:
home ai updated to 2023.8.4 yesterday and now alle my automations are gone i can see them
as entitet but this entitet is no longer in use.

i have chekt my /config/configuration.yaml loks fine :slight_smile:

# Loads default set of integrations. Do not remove.
default_config:

# Load frontend themes from the themes folder
frontend:
  themes: !include_dir_merge_named themes

script: !include scripts.yaml
scene: !include scenes.yaml
automation: !include automations.yaml

i have disabled all “bad” entitets and tryed disable all intragrations dittent do the job ether…

the error im getting is somfing like this:

Logger: homeassistant.setup
Source: setup.py:209
First occurred: 20.03.13 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 20.03.13

Setup failed for default_config: (DependencyError(...), 'Could not setup dependencies: automation')

I also got

# Core

2023-08-30 08:02:28.650 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to set up dependencies of default_config. Setup failed for dependencies: automation

2023-08-30 08:02:28.651 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for default_config: (DependencyError(...), 'Could not setup dependencies: automation')

sorry for the bad spelling. If anybody could help i will be very grateful :slight_smile:

First a suggestion: when you format the yaml code and log entries in your post this improves the readability.
See also How to help us help you - or How to ask a good question, and especially the info about formatting code.

Assuming that you pasted this yaml code directly from your configuraion.yaml

Loads default set of integrations. Do not remove.

default_config:
Load frontend themes from the themes folder

frontend:

it looks like some hash tags # and indents are removed.
It should be like this:

# Loads default set of integrations. Do not remove.
default_config:

# Load frontend themes from the themes folder
frontend:

that’s a byproduct of OP incorrectly formatting his post. The # makes things titles, like so…

There is a # that you can’t see to the left on this line, which makes this look like a title.

Right. Thanks!

Here you go

there’s most likely an issue in automations.yaml or the automation that’s not appearing. You should check your text log for any indication. Also, you can post the yaml contents here as well if you’re unable to find the issue.

its alle the automations that are missing and when i create a new it disapears after i save it. all the
automations are still in the automations.yaml. i have delete the entire log i automations.yaml
and then created a new autumation but it just disaperd too :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

There was a “similar” Issue few days ago(im sure you can find it in a search) , After more than 8 month he figured out it was a “BluePrint” he had “floating around somewhere” causing this … ( thats what he said anyway )

Logger: homeassistant.setup
Source: setup.py:209
First occurred: 08.02.28 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 08.02.28

Setup failed for default_config: (DependencyError(...), 'Could not setup dependencies: automation')

Yes thats the fourth time you show this !, What’s your point ? … it’s Exactly the same “log-file entry” as the previous post ( another issue from yesterday ) , Thou he did go a step further showing the whole “trace” from the logfile/ Settings/system/logs
Anyway do you by any chance also have a BluePrint ( Which technically is depended upon the Automation-Integration, aswell as Automation integration dependencies is i believe the written automations( Including Blueprints )

Found a invalid en entitet i automations. i think it was my phone lockation (2ee1c5ecf58791ccabf79124e5483e2b) tranks for the replys :slight_smile:

So what’s this all about ?