Home Assistant bridge not showing up in HomeKit

I am running Home Assistant 0.88.0 in a Docker container. I added “homekit:” to the configuration.yaml.
Then I got the following notification:

So I attempted to add it in my HomeKit app.

But the Home Assistant Bridge never shows up.

What am I doing wrong?

any chance you were able to resolve this? i am having the same issue.

no man, I gave up lol

try removing homekit.state

That doesn’t work. I also tried to remove the .homekit folder, but nothing works.

Are you sure they reside on the same network with the same subnet? And do you have a Hub?

I am sure. I had it working with home assistant (docker) a while back, but my homekit connection stopped working after a docker image update. I don’t have a hub.

I didn’t know HK works without a HK hub (ipad/atv/homepod). Anyways I had a similar problem in the past but tbh I do not remember what I did to fix it. I think it was pretty early on when I started HA and I think I just reinstalled HA again. But obviously that is not a great solution.

There are however dependencies for the Homekit Component in HA, I’m not sure if it will even run without it, but it might help:

$ sudo apt-get install libavahi-compat-libdnssd-dev

It can be the same problem I had where mDNS was not working correctly. Solution to this was given in thread Using homekit component inside Docker

Or short what I did om my Mac mini was this command.

dns-sd -R Homeassistant _hap._tcp local 51827 md=”HA Bridge” pv=1.0 c#=2 id=00:11:22:33:44:55 s#=1 sf=1 ci=2 ff=0 sh=UaTxqQ== 

where the MAC-adress should be the same as in .homekit.state