Home Assistant cannot install dependency python-mirobo 0.2.0

Hello everyone.

I just upgraded my Home Assistant to 0.54.0 and afterwards added the following lines to my configuration.yaml, in order to include my Xiaomi Philips LED in the frontend:

light:
  - platform: xiaomi_miio
    name: Xiaomi Philips
    host: 192.168.1.33
    token: !secret philips_token

Still then, when I restarted Home Assistant, it fails loading that platform, with the following error messages:

2017-09-28 12:57:53 ERROR (Thread-3) [homeassistant.util.package] Unable to install package python-mirobo==0.2.0: Command "/srv/homeassistant/bin/python3 -u -c "import setuptools, tokenize;__file__='/tmp/pip-build-wnoeza2j/cffi/setup.py';f=getattr(tokenize, 'open', open)(__file__);code=f.read().replace('\r\n', '\n');f.close();exec(compile(code, __file__, 'exec'))" install --record /tmp/pip-7ut5ehe6-record/install-record.txt --single-version-externally-managed --compile --install-headers /srv/homeassistant/include/site/python3.4/cffi" failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip-build-wnoeza2j/cffi/
2017-09-28 12:57:53 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Not initializing light.xiaomi_miio because could not install dependency python-mirobo==0.2.0
2017-09-28 12:57:53 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to prepare setup for platform light.xiaomi_miio: Could not install all requirements.

Can anyone help me fix this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Do you use hassbian? Do you know how to enter the python virtual environment?

Hi there.

Yes to both.

If you can tell me how to install it manually, it would be perfect.

Thanks in advance.

Switch to your home assistant user and enter the virtualenv:

$ su - homeassistant
$ source /srv/homeassistant/bin/activate
$ pip3 install python-mirobo

Please provide the error message of the last command if it fails.

Hello again.

It failed, and here it is the result:

You missed the first paragraph: https://home-assistant.io/components/vacuum.xiaomi_miio/#retrieving-the-access-token

This will solve the problem:

sudo apt-get install libffi-dev libssl-dev

Actually I read but thought it would be done by HASS.

Now that I think of it, it doesn’t really make sense, and I should’ve tried this before I complained.

I’m sorry about that and wasting a bit of your time.

Btw, now that python-mirobo 0.2.0 is a requirement, any plans to include the component for the Xiaomi Powerstrip, as a platform in HASS?

Thanks again for all your help.

Yes. I’m working on the integration of various xiaomi (miio) devices. The xiaomiplug component wasn’t approved. It needs to be rewritten to satisfy some requirements (naming & structure).

1 Like