Home Assistant Cast

I never been able to see the history on of any sensor through my Nest Hub Max when using Home Assistant Cast since I start using it with Home Assistant half a year ago.

I also used to have problems with avatar pictures of people profiles when using a map card. If I use a picture located in the www folder (local) or uploaded through the GUI, I just see an empty circle on the map. Earlier I saw the First letter of the person’s name in the circle but not anymore. If I look at the lovelace through the web browser or the mobile application, everything looks normal, and I see the picture. Now I have found a solution to the problem. It works if I put the picture in a folder on my Nextcloud add-on and share it with a link and use the link for the picture entity in customization. To access the pictures in my Nextcloud folder NAT-loopback is used. So, I do not think NAT-loopback is the problem in my case.

I always been able to se the profile pictures if the person entity been placed in a Glance card.

I use the kind3r’s blueprint to cast the Lovelace card to my Nest Hub Max.

If I try to use the https://cast.home-assistant.io/ page to cast, the only view available to cast is the (overview) created by Home Assistant. The other cards are not available to select.

Fore some reason the background of the Lovelace is always white when viewed through home assistant cast.

I tried both with and without access through Home Assistant Cloud.

I have the same problem. I’ve noticed that my nest hub has been updated to fuchsia os, so I’m not sure is only a timeout problem.

Hope that someone finds a solution.

To avoid fuchsia upgrade I suggest to disable “preview program” for the nest hub on the google home app. This will prevent upgrading, at least until fuchsia turns to stable release.

I believe that Fuchsia OS is the stable release, considering that it was first publicly released to 1st gen Nest Hubs at the end of May, 2021.

Is Chromecast v1 no longer support. I able to cast to Xiaomi TVBOX but Google Chromecast give me just white screen

Yeah, same issue. 10 minutes was doable to resend the cast, but now it’s down to like 30s before timing out. Useless google!

Or maybe setting maxInactivity to 600 or so?

Or if that’s not able to be used as it’s in the Receiver API. Wouldn’t we need something from the Sender API? Like setting a new timeout value?

But I have no idea how this stuff actually works, so take it with a grain of salt.

Anybody with the 30 seconds timeout issue, please see my comment here to give a hand to Erik to try to make a solution for it.

EDIT. For anyone having issues with white screen, try casting your view to your TV or somewhere else that’s NOT the Nest, and then try connecting to the Nest once more. For some reason this fixed my problem, at least for the time being.

Hey Guys! That lovelace views can be sent to chromecast is brilliant. the only problem i have is that the background of the displayed lovelace views on chromecast are always in white, although it is set to black and is displayed correctly in the browser. i want them to be black, because i’d like to use the chromecast as a smart mirror.

any advices, how to get the background in black? any special parameter to be set? here is an image, how it’s been actually displayed on chromecast

thanks in advance, riqo

2 Likes

Finnaly found the problem, used the trusted networks Guide and now HA is all the time in my nest hub

Did you manage to find a fix for this?

Use the google app “HOME”. Go to the setting device-> display and change the theme from automatic to white. I hope it will works.

2 Likes

Upgrading to the latest Home Assistant build I don’t have any issues with timeouts but it seems like the hub doesn’t accept any custom backgrounds, from auto dark / light or manually setting a theme with a specific background, when I cast all the cards are themed correctly but the background is always white. I assume the hub’s browser needs a specific flag or something to set background from white, anyone had luck with this? it’s a little too bright at night

Hey man,

could you share your setting on how to display the custom cards?
mine is still stuck on custom card doesnt exist.

I too have this problem. All custom cards refuse to display.

ARe you using HACS?

Had same issue with history not displaying and custom cards not showing graphs. Just updated to 2021.12.1 and issues have been.resolved. Release notes do mention cast issues that were resolved but not specific on what was fixed.

I can confirm; latest update fixed this problem for me also … many thanks for developers!

Resolved for me too. An automation to show Cast on a Shield TV also now works, but I do need to wake the device first, then add a 5 second delay before casting a view.

No, unfortunately not.