Home Assistant Community Add-on: AirSonos

Bump (A)

Anyone?

Hi All,

My Sonos media players are in a different network. Is it possible to pre specify the Sonos media players in the xml file? The hassio Raspberry PI has connectivity to the Sonos media players since the Sonos platform is working perfectly!

Thanks!

Great add-on btw Frenck!

\\edit

Got it working! I needed to enable IGMP.

Another question: Does anybody know what port is used from AirSonos to the client device?

Just wondering if it is possible to install this in a venv HA installation. Thanks.

Hi. Sorry for my question, I’m newbe in HA.
AirSonos Add-on find my speaker and show commands what I press on it:
[16:52:01.342279] Start:1108 Binding to 10.0.0.36:49152
[16:52:04.438800] UpdateThread:809 Error obtaining description http://10.0.0.40:49152/description.xml – error = -204
[16:52:10.852957] AddMRDevice:992 [0x7fab279010]: adding renderer (Kitchen)
[16:52:10.906746] MasterHandler:656 [0x7fab279010]: subscribe success
[16:54:16.157346] ProcessEvent:451 [0x7fab279010]: UPnP Volume local change 12:-1 (master)

But how to setup speaker in HA to send TTS messages? It is not recognised by SONOS integration and I can’t find any AirPlay integrations to connect to AirSonos.

Thank You for help.

Hi guys,

Thanks for this great add-on. I noticed today it was no longer working when I try to airplay from my i-phone, is it an IOS update which has stopped it working?

Logs don’t seem to show any problems.

[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc…exited 0.
[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms…exited 0.
[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes…
[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts…
[cont-init.d] 00-banner.sh: executing…

Add-on: AirSonos
AirPlay capabilities for your Sonos (and UPnP) devices.

Add-on version: 3.0.0
You are running the latest version of this add-on.
System: Home Assistant OS 5.11 (amd64 / qemux86-64)
Home Assistant Core: 2021.2.3
Home Assistant Supervisor: 2021.02.9

will you guys be able to integrate Airplay 2 (for multiroom) at some point? I’ve seen last time it was asked it was 2018 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just discovered this add-on. Thank you so much for such a great feature add to HA. A quick question, is it possible to reduce the initial volume when selecting the AirSonos speaker? It keeps reverting to quite a loud volume.

Hiya,

I am having as issue that nobody else seems to be having.
I have two home assistant instances each on their own networks with different routers and everything and connected together by home assistant remote.
On one instance I have 3 Sonos boxes connected and on the other, I have one connected. I would like to see all 4 boxes on either network and to stream to any on them no matter of which network I am connected to.
The instance that has 3 boxes is the remote node.
I can see all 4 boxes on the master instance - one with one sonos connected - and AirSonos is displaying that one Sonos but not the others.
I cannot see any of the Sonos boxes on the remote node as an airplay receiver.
Can anyone help, if so that would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

I’m curious: how long does it take for the music to start playing for you?

When I want to play music from my iPhone through Spotify on the Sonos 1 connected via AirSonos, it takes about 15 seconds for the song to start. Anything I do in between comes with a time delay on the speakers. Is that normal? How fast is it for you?

1 Like

I have the same problem, I don’t know why it’s taking that long to start playing :frowning:

2 Likes

I have this problem also, when I’m on instagram sometimes random 15 sec later I hear the video that I streamed. Sonos is connected trough Ethernet and fast internet. Volume change will be directly changed, I really love that feature. Sadly when I change the music it takes some time

1 Like