Home Assistant Community Add-on: MQTT Server & Web client

Sorry I do not understand what that is … newb. Yes 1883 is the mqtt port, I do not know which websocket poert to use

You need to check that on the broker you are using, look for ws or websocket.
if you are using the broker in this add-on the default ports for WS are 1884 (non-SSL) and 4884 (SSL)

I see, I do use the mosquitto hassio addon

and this is the config,. I do not see anywhere mention of ws or websocket ports … ?

{
“plain”: true,
“plain_websockets”: false,
“ssl”: false,
“ssl_websockets”: false,
“anonymous”: true,
“logins”: [
{
“username”: “”,
“password”: “”
}
],
“customize”: {
“active”: true,
“folder”: “mosquitto”
},
“certfile”: “fullchain.pem”,
“keyfile”: “privkey.pem”
}

Look again :wink:

Both are disabled.

thanks, I works now

What would I use this for if I already use the standard broker? Is it just giving me information for troubleshooting? Something like MQTT.fx?

Correct.
IMO the ACL configuration of this is easier (especially is you are not running custom hassio install)

Not had a chance to try this yet but I suspect this is the biggest selling point. I have been swithering as to which platform to use to host my internal MQTT broker and this may just have swayed me :smile:.

1 Like

Addon appears to be running, but in chrome I see:

INFO: Starting mosquitto MQTT Server...
1538121720: mosquitto version 1.4.15 (build date 2018-03-04 15:35:59+0000) starting
1538121720: Config loaded from /opt/mosquitto.conf.
1538121720: Opening ipv4 listen socket on port 1883.
1538121720: Opening ipv6 listen socket on port 1883.
INFO: Starting NGINX for the MQTT client...

Config

{
  "log_level": "info",
  "certfile": "",
  "keyfile": "",
  "web": {
    "enabled": true,
    "username": "user",
    "password": "something",
    "ssl": false
  },
  "broker": {
    "enabled": true,
    "enable_ws": false,
    "enable_mqtt": false,
    "enable_ws_ssl": false,
    "enable_mqtt_ssl": false,
    "allow_anonymous": true
  },
  "mqttusers": [
    {
      "username": "user",
      "password": "somethingelse",
      "readonly": false,
      "topics": [
        "#"
      ]
    }
  ]
}

put http:// and not (it does automatically) https …?

@Klagio yes that’s it! However now I get an error:undefined

Also tried 1883, in logs:

INFO: Starting NGINX for the MQTT client...
1538123520: Saving in-memory database to /data/mosquitto/mosquitto.db.
1538125321: Saving in-memory database to /data/mosquitto/mosquitto.db.
1538125774: New connection from 192.168.1.74 on port 1883.
1538125774: Socket error on client <unknown>, disconnecting.

put this to true

and / or try this to true

"enable_ws": true fixes it, thanks @Klagio

1 Like

Hi,

What is the benefit to running this addon only compared to running this alongside the mosquito addon?

Thanks

Alongside, you will get a nice tool to inspect your topics and messages.
But remember to disable the broker in this (and change the ports)

i just disabled the mosquito addon and commented out this from my config. None of my sonoff tasmota switches will now work. Any ideas?

I kept the user and password the same and subscribed to “#” topics. the ip and port are also the same.

Thanks

mqtt:
   broker: core-mosquitto
   username: ?
   password: ?
   client_id: ?
   discovery: true
   discovery_prefix: homeassistant

well… if you no longer have mqtt: defined in your config, MQTT devices will no longer work.

1 Like

yeah i realised that and tried to reintroduce it into my config.yaml but now i get this.

2018-09-28 19:05:59 WARNING (Recorder) [homeassistant.components.recorder] Ended unfinished session (id=140 from 2018-09-28 17:58:33.998420)
2018-09-28 19:06:01 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.mqtt] Failed to connect due to exception: [Errno -2] Name does not resolve
2018-09-28 19:06:18 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for snips: Could not setup all dependencies.
2018-09-28 19:06:20 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to setup dependencies of switch.mqtt. Setup failed for dependencies: mqtt
2018-09-28 19:06:20 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to prepare setup for platform switch.mqtt: Could not setup all dependencies.
2018-09-28 19:06:20 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to setup dependencies of switch.mqtt. Setup failed for dependencies: mqtt
2018-09-28 19:06:20 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to prepare setup for platform switch.mqtt: Could not setup all dependencies.

That also make sense since core-mosquitto (the mosquitto addon) now are disabled.

1 Like