Home Assistant Community Add-on: Node-RED

Ah ok, what shall I do, just wait?

frenck, THANKS This helped to fix the connection failure that I was having.

I’m new here (I came from Vera). I try to install Node red and get the following error:

Can anyone help me?

The error is pretty clear :slight_smile:

For me it is very hard, what should I do?

You can do one the following:

1. Point it to the correct certificate files (if you have certificates).
  2. Create certificates for it to use (if you don’t have certificates)
  3. Disable ssl for the add-on (not recommended)

Thank you.

1. I do not know if I have the certificates
  2. I do not know how to create certificates
  3. That works. Why is not it recommended?

Without it the traffic to it will not be encrypted

How and where can I check I do have my certificates?

Did you create it?
If not then you don’t have it.
If you did, they should be located under /ssl

Should it be here?

Yes, but only if you have created/put it there.

I understand, I not have certificates. How I create them?

https://www.home-assistant.io/docs/ecosystem/certificates/lets_encrypt/

thanks a lot

For those of us NOT accessing HA through the Internet and just being local, thus NOT wanting to go through all the “letsencrypt” and “duckdns” stuff but just use some of the tools being offered.
Pray tell how one just gets Node-RED functioning without jumping through all these hoops.

How about read the addon docs on how to disable SSL? Just a thought…

1 Like

So, the credential_secret is just a string of my own choice, or does it have to be generated in a special way?
I’m trying to install node red on hassio, but when I press Start, nothing happens. Not even a line in the log.

The lack of support shown by the flippant disregard of everyone’s basic questions has me deciding to not bother trying out this addon.
Final thought…

I’m happy about that. This is an open source project and I dedicate a large amount of time towards this project, and I ask nothing in return. My free spare time that is. I you are looking for support on a commercial level, please go use a commercial paid product like Samsung Smart things or something.

Furthermore, I’m enjoying my first vacation/holiday since 2 years. With my kids and wife, so yeah I’m less responsive. So I’m sorry my vacation doesn’t fit your schedule.

The docs are here for a reason, there is nothing wrong with pointing people to the documentation. If you feel like the documentation is not sufficient, please give me constructive feedback so I can improve it OR open a PR yourself and help the community out.

My final thought. Thank you for your interest @dickcollier and good luck on your home automation journey.

Greetings from a beach in Italy.

…/Frenck

12 Likes