Home Assistant Community Add-on: Spotify Connect

Damn. Would have been so useful.

1 Like

So far I didnā€™t, but I read that this is due to the pi zero not supporting some essential libraryā€¦

Iā€™m on a Pi 1 B+ and I have the same error :confused:

Because a raspi 1 uses the same ARM-processor which isnā€™t supported,
there currently is no (and wonā€™t be) a solution to fix this.

awesome addons, is it possible to use a bluetooth output instead of the jack one?

Iā€™m trying to use the audio jack on an RPi 2 as output, while the HDMI cable is connected (I use it for HDMI-CEC). The sound only comes out through the HDMI/TV while the HDMI cable is connected, and through the audio jack when itā€™s not.

Iā€™ve tried changing the output device from ALSA:0 to 1 but that doesnā€™t make a difference. Any ideas?

Iā€™m having a similar problem as @VilleL . I have HASSIO running on my server (Lenovo ThinkServer, not a Pi) and installed this add-on. Iā€™m able to connect to and play music on the ā€œHass.ioā€ in my available devices in Spotify. However Iā€™d like to use the 3.5mm audio out on the back of this computer since its running headless and Iā€™m not using HDMI.

HDA-Intel - HDA Intel HDMI: 3
HDA-Intel - HDA Intel HDMI: 7
HDA-Intel - HDA Intel HDMI: 8
HDA-Intel - HDA Intel HDMI: 9
HDA-Intel - HDA Intel PCH: 0 <----- I selected this option on my add-on details page

is there anyway to troubleshoot this further?

:tada: Release v0.4.0

Full Changelog

Changed

• Clarifies ARMv6 is not supported (#15) (@tjorim)
  • Removes BountySource links
  • Removes Anchore.io links
  • Fixes spelling error in Dockerfile
  • Upgrades cargo to 0.31.0-3ubuntu1~18.04.4
  • Upgrades git to 1:2.17.1-1ubuntu0.4
  • Upgrades libssl to 1.1.0g-2ubuntu4.3
  • Upgrades rustc to 1.30.0+dfsg1+llvm-2ubuntu1~18.04.1
  • Updates maintenance year to 2019
  • Refactor of GitLab CI
  • Upgrades add-on base image to 2.2.1
  • Configure Renovate (#22)
  • Upgrades libasound2 to 1.1.3-5ubuntu0.2
  • Upgrades Spotifyd to 0.2.4
  • Replaces add-on link with GitHub link

Questions? Join our Discord server! https://discord.me/hassioaddons
Enjoying my add-ons? Consider supporting my work: https://patreon.com/frenck

please add bluetooth speaker output

@sblantipodi That is not something this add-on could provide. The add-on gets its audio devices from Hassio. So unless Hassio gets BT audio devices supportā€¦

1 Like

Thank you for all your work on this.

Got it working fine on my PI 3+, hooked it up to my Denon. Dreaming of dropping the Sonus Connect, (Chromecast devices are not found by the HA Spotify player).

I do get an objectionable hissing noise in my system, maybe 1/4 second every 5 seconds. Tried different power supplies, UPS, rotate power plug 180. I does not matter if addon is playing or idle. If I stop the addon, the noise stops.

Have you encountered anything like this?

How can you get this to run on a non-hass.io installation?

:tada: Release v0.4.1

Full Changelog

Changed

• Upgrades add-on base image to 2.3.1
  • Upgrades Spotifyd to 0.2.5

Questions? Join our Discord server! https://discord.me/hassioaddons
Enjoying my add-ons? Consider supporting my work: https://patreon.com/frenck

Hi, i got hassio on a nuc with Docker, got this log on the addon, no input or output devices

If you run Docker 18.09.1 or newer, that will cause this issue.
Docker 18.09.1 (or newer) forbids access to sound devices which Hass.io relies on.

There is no remediation for this available yet.

Yes Iā€™m on 18.09.2 Thats too bad, thanks frenck

Hello everyone, i would like to use the Spotify connect.
I have followed all steps (add-on, component/mediaPlayer) but iā€™m blocked to pair the speaker device (sound core mini) to the HASSIO.
HASSIO bluetooth tracking is ok, i have the MAC address and configuration in the known_devices.yaml.
On the add-on, for the output, i have the choice with two : bcm28xx however when i select one of these, no sound to my sound core mini. Have i missed something ?
Thank you for your help.

As far as I know this is a limitation of Hass.io, sadly you canā€™t use Bluetooth speakers.

Thank you for your answer. Itā€™s what iā€™ve seen during some search after my post.

Have you got an idea how can i do it ? Via Hassbian or something like that ?

Does this allow hassio to detect on a which device Spotify is currently playing on? If not, is there a way to find out?