Play Spotify music on your Home Assistant device.
The Hass.io Spotify Connect add-on allows you to use your device, running Home Assistant, to play your Spotify music. This add-on uses the Spotify Connect protocol, which makes it a device that can be controlled by all the official clients.
For example; Running Home Assistant on a Raspberry Pi with this add-on installed will allow you to play your Spotify music on the Pi. So all you’ll have to do is hook up your sound system to the Pi and start booming!
The installation of this add-on is pretty straightforward and not different in comparison to installing any other add-on.
- Search for the “Spotify Connect” add-on in the add-on store and install it.
- Select your audio output device and hit
Saveon that as well.
- Start the “Spotify Connect” add-on.
- Check the logs of the “Spotify Connect” to see if everything went well.
- Ready to go!
You can always try to get support from the community here at the Home Assistant community forums, join the conversation!
Questions? You have several options to get them answered:
- The Home Assistant Community Add-ons Discord chat server for add-on support and feature requests.
- The Home Assistant Discord chat server for general Home Assistant discussions and questions.
- Join the Reddit subreddit in /r/homeassistant
You could also open an issue on GitHub, in case you ran into a bug, or maybe you have an idea on improving the addon:
- Open an issue for the addon: Spotify Connect
- For general repository issues or add-on ideas open an issue here
At this moment our Home Assistant Community Add-ons Discord chat server and GitHub are our only official support channels. All others rely on community effort.
Repository on GitHub
Looking for more add-ons?
The primary goal of our add-ons project is to provide you (as a Home Assistant user) with additional, high quality, add-ons that allow you to take your automated home to the next level.
Check out some of our other add-ons in our Home Assistant Community Add-ons project.