Home Assistant Community Add-on: UniFi Controller

:tada: Release v0.9.2

Full Changelog

This is a general maintenance release and contains no breaking changes.
Please note, this release performs upgrades on UniFi’s internal database, which can take a while to complete (~15 minutes, maybe longer on slower devices).

:hammer: Changes

• :arrow_up: Upgrades add-on base image to 3.1.1
  • :arrow_up: Upgrades binutils to 2.30-21ubuntu1~18.04.1
  • :arrow_up: Upgrades UniFi Controller to 5.10.23
  • :books: Adds Ingress to known issues and limitations

Questions? Join our Discord server! https://discord.me/hassioaddons
Enjoying my add-ons? Consider supporting my work: https://patreon.com/frenck

1 Like

Anyone else upgraded to the latest version? Everything is working fine except that the speed test is now broken. It was working fine before the update.

@frenck Dear Frenck, is it please somehow possible to import SSL certificate as per this link, so I can´t see in webbrowser before login, that my connection is not private? I´m using latest version of Hass.io with latest version of your UniFi Controller plugin. Thank you in advance https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/212500127-UniFi-SSL-certificate-error-upon-opening-controller-page#notes

@alibababa, Yes, use the add-on provided options for this.
See documentation for more information on configuring SSL.

Hi @frenck,

Thanks for all your add-ons.

I have installed the UniFi Controller add-on and see the controller is version 5.10.23.0. I have a little issue in that my previous install (not via the add-on) was version 5.10.24.0 so my backup doesn’t work.

I appreciate asking a dev about release timing is poor form, but I was wondering approximately what the period is between a new upstream release and an add-on update?

5.10.24.0 must be quite new as the Ubiquiti site shows the 5.10.23 version, even though the controller software itself is reporting that an update is available.

Thanks again.

Roland

My original plan was to release it yesterday. Unfortunately, there where issues with GitHub (code) sending notifications to GitLab (build), which blocked me from doing so.

I expect it to be able to release today (after my office day is over).

1 Like

Thanks @frenck. Updates came through. Much appreciated given how may add-ons you have to maintain! :+1:

Latest update seems not working here. I’ve an error with the unifi app related to unable to connect with webrtc during login. I’ve the auto update an nothing work today. I’ve tried to restart the addon and the logs stop to the same message:

[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.
[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.
[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...
[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...
[cont-init.d] 00-banner.sh: executing... 
-----------------------------------------------------------
 Hass.io Add-on: UniFi Controller
 Manage your UniFi network using a web browser
 Add-on version: 0.9.3
 You are running the latest version of this add-on.
 System: Resin OS 2.3.0+rev1  (armv7 / raspberrypi3)
 Home Assistant version: 0.93.2
 Supervisor version: 165
 Please, share the above information when looking for help
 or support in, e.g., GitHub, forums or the Discord chat.
[cont-init.d] 00-banner.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 01-log-level.sh: executing... 
[cont-init.d] 01-log-level.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] unifi.sh: executing... 
[cont-init.d] unifi.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
[services.d] done.
[11:23:54] INFO: Starting the UniFi Controller...
OpenJDK Client VM warning: You have loaded library /usr/lib/unifi/lib/native/Linux/armv7/libubnt_webrtc_jni.so which might have disabled stack guard. The VM will try to fix the stack guard now.
It's highly recommended that you fix the library with 'execstack -c <libfile>', or link it with '-z noexecstack'.

Any idea if it’s related to the update or something else ? I can’t test the local UI yet as not on my local network.

Where do you see the error? You have an info message but not an error.
I see this message too, but mine is working.

Just check again. Everything is OK with same logs. Strange. local GUI and android app is working.
You can ignore my request.

:tada: Release v0.9.3

Full Changelog

• :arrow_up: Upgrades UniFi Controller to 5.10.24 (#40)
  • :arrow_up: Upgrades base image to v3.1.2
  • :arrow_up: Upgrades java to 8u212-b03-0ubuntu1.18.04.1

1 Like

:tada: Release v0.10.0

Full Changelog

• :arrow_up: Upgrades add-on base image to v3.1.3
  • :arrow_up: Upgrades binutils to 2.30-21ubuntu1~18.04.2
  • :arrow_up: Upgrades UniFi Controller to 5.10.25
  • :pencil2: Maintaince -> Maintenance
  • :sparkles: Adds FUNDING.yml

2 Likes

Can any one assist me to add this addon in my configuration file please. I have this and it doesn’t seem to be connecting even though the ip is that of my hassio which is running on ubuntu 18.04 server. I added a user with read only access. I’m wondering if the ip is correct and if it should be using a different internal ip or maybe a different host connection?

Also, has anyone any suggested timing for the detection_time as the default 300 seconds seems to long to me?

device_tracker:
  - platform: unifi
    host: 192.168.0.50
    username: !secret unifi_username
    password: !secret unifi_password

Thank you.

After a restore of my hassio, I can’t get this add on to install :slightly_frowning_face:

19-07-05 06:17:09 ERROR (SyncWorker_16) [hassio.docker.interface] Can't install hassioaddons/unifi-armv7:0.10.0 -> 500 Server Error: Internal Server Error ("readlink /mnt/data/docker/overlay2: invalid argument").

Hey guys,

I have a wired TV in the network and I’m trying to get bandwidth stats so HA knows when the TV starts steaming netflix/plex so then I can build automations based off that.

Any idea how I can do this or any of the monitored conditions can show that?

Hi,

I have installed the add-on - installation went smooth, however, of my three Unifi devices none is found :frowning: It shows a beautiful but empty UNIFI Network Controller interface.

Environment:
Hass.io on a Raspberry Pi 3+
USG 3P 4.4.22
Switch 16POE 3.9.27
AP-AC-Pro 3.9.27

At this stage I am not using ssl.
I have update the IP address within the controller settings to the ip address of the Raspberry.

When I load the standard UNIFI Controller in a not Hass.io environment it shows all up …

Any help highly appreciated!

I have a few remote sites connected to my UniFi controller from a previous installation on a raspberry pi. I have moved them to this UniFi add-on for Hass.io running on a NUC. My remote sites adopted just fine (using my duckdns url) and everything has been working correctly for them, but my internal site (home) has been nothing but trouble and I am guessing it’s due to the inform hostname/ip setting on the controller.

My question is, if I change this to the hostname of my NUC or it’s internal IP, I will break the inform for my remote sites, correct? What should I be using for my inform hostname/IP?

Thanks in advance.

My microSD got corrupted and I was able to restore everything except the Unifi controller. I can see all the data is there but when I log into the web interface it takes me to Out of the Box wizard, I tried with several backups I had with no luck, it has the same behavior on all backups. My Unifi backups sadly weren’t synchronized for whatever reason was there. I saw in Unifi forums I can just copy the data (not a backup) from my Unifi Controller and spin it up and it will work fine. Any idea on how to do this? I mean the add-on data is there but Unifi controller spins up to the Out of the box wizard for a new setup.

Hey Frenck.

Thank you for this great plugin, I have an issue where if I hard reset the Pi (because of freezes and whatever other reasons) I find that the controller completely forgets my devices (APs and USG)
Luckily all other settings like static IP reservations and client aliases etc are retained

I have to then use the Ubiquiti Device Discovery Tool to set Inform location for those devices again.
I don’t know if it’s an issue with the plugin or the controller software itself

Thank you

You can SSH into your AP using the super admin username and password, and set the inform address manually. This should prevent your issue from recurring.

Change the below to match the IP of your HA instance that is hosting Unifi.

set-inform http://192.168.1.100:8080/inform