Home assistant community addons : Formerly the Logitech Media Server (LMS) & Squeezelite

This comment doesn’t add anything

I do appreciate the help.

I tried:

1. Without Portainer.
  2. Without Portainer and LMS on 6 different ports.
  3. Portainer at 9001, and LMS at 9099
  4. I tried Portainer at 9099 and LMS 9001.

Seems to me, that it isnt portainers fault.
@anon63427907, I tried that before and didn’t pay attention. So I didn’t get a 404 but a SSL error, which result in chrome more or less same page. So that works! Thanks :).

So it is ingress that is still not working.

1 Like

For ingress, reach out to LMS add-on owner to make the ingress link dynamic rather than fixed on 9000

Get portainer off your system. Run lms with no changes to the config.

Another thought - make sure slimproto integration is not running

How is this relevant?

1. It is unsupported and on fact not allowed from HAOS and supervised installs.

2. It uses port 9000 which will interfere with LMS.

Both are unrelated to the issue here, there can be another addon interfering with 9000 port and you don’t have any knowledge about how the user is using the portainer.

Lastly, there is a portainer addon too ( Home Assistant Community Add-on: Portainer )

I prefer to have portainer in my setup independent of supervisor because it gives better control to my supervised installation, if home assistant is having issues and not working.

1 Like

Well, having an add-on does not automatically mean it is OK.
It is OK only when you know what you are doing, and know how to clean up the messes if something goes wrong.

The add-on you listed is not an official one, after all… plus you most certainly would find an error message saying you have an “unhealthy” image.

Plus AFAIK the Supervisor would block updates also, if/when the system becomes unhealthy.

So, can you use it? Sure.
But if anyone runs into any issues and doesn’t know what is going on, Nick’s recommendation to get rid of Portainer is a perfectly logical one.

Your recommendation for @3zkc9fyf to reach out to the owner of LMS add-on is also a logical one.

Is was fine recommendation to tried it without portainer, so I did. Didn’t change a bit. I dont see how it could mess up, since I wouldn’t change any config/containers. But its a bit useless to continue debate on this I would think.

@pssc Phill already in on this thread. So maybe you can shine a light.

I understand what you are saying but it is irrelevant to the problem.

With the current status; there is an X add-on and ports are contradicting with each other, which could happen with any add-on, removing the add-on is kike burying your problems underground.

Why not give the reasoning and way to fix it? We don’t have any data points how important portainer for the user.

Please run the netstat command in the advanced ssh terminal. The results should show ha on port 8123, etc.

I got mixed up in Advanced SSH & Web Terminal and Terminal & SSH.
This does make more sense, lms runs now on 9001 Otherwise it was not working for me.
Portainer is uninstalled.

So it is working now?

Well I can browse it via my ip:9001 combi, but not via ingress. That shows still a 502.
I can not do ip:9000. Even without portainer.

Why are you using 9001? As I said, get it working with no changes to config.

First some thanks @nickrout thankyou for your help on this one.

@3zkc9fyf Ok The LMS addon really really needs to run on port 9000 for lots of reasons, I don’t currently support it running on anything else.

Have you rebooted sometimes sockets get stuck and can’t be rebound for a variety of reasons this ensures a clean state

Because 9000 isn’t working…
That is why I started to ask help. Portainer is not on my system anymore.
I think I reinstalled already the addon 20times, and rebooted 30times. I never changed any config (except the port somethimes) and never changed LMS

Btw I also started a github issue.

I dont want to use 9001, that is the only way I got it working.
I want to use 9000 (and no portainer) but that is not working.

@3zkc9fyf try using losf -i -n on the host after a reboot , I have the portainer addon running on my testdev setup configured for port 9099 all happy with lms addon so you have something else going on, its not an inherent problem with the addon as such.

1 Like

Oke, the port you pick the first time is hardcoded in all config files.
Reinstalling / reconfiguration won’t help. Delete all files helped me. Lost my LMS settings though.
I do have LMS working inside HA. Thanks for all the help

1 Like

Found out that the Squeezebox integration in my home assistant (to control the players from my current LMS setup) was using the 9090 port. Once I removed the integration by deleting all devices under it, the LMS add-on could start.
Now I can try setting it up and couple my players … :slight_smile:

1 Like

After further discussion on github lms embeds it port in its config so it need to be changed there, if you all ready have an install going on a different port. /config/lms/prefs/server.prefs
item httpport: 9001 , but as stated I only support it running on 9k you can run it on other ports its untested and unproven. Just In case anyone else trips over this one in a effort to get stuff going.

1 Like