Home assistant community addons : Formerly the Logitech Media Server (LMS) & Squeezelite

@Dunkelschunkel No local player will not work, well it might but I don’t support it. Hence the squeezelite HA addon, its the same software packed specifically to run as a first class HA addon and also give the flexibility to add a player to HA without running LMS on the same box. As well as supporting multi instance to different output devices etc.

1 Like

Good morning from my part of the world. Thank you for taking the time to answer. That makes sense. Even if we are sacrificing a tiny bit performance for flexibility I assume.
I am using your addon just for a couple of days by now and I am so impressed by Lms. Pi 4 with 3 Sonos speakers. Connected via airplay. 2 lms clients on Android and one squeezelite player addon of yours without problems. I even ordered 2 squeezebox Radio and they sync with the sonos players perfectly. The kids will be getting for Christmas.
Thank you for maintaining this addon

Dunkelschunkel

Hello,

I using LMS and squeezelite addons running on Raspberrypi 4 with homeassistant.

I have added my music folder to lms. The songs plays fine.

Please guide how to play a particular folder/album using automation.

Kindly reply

Thank you for the integration link. I had already added that.

I have gone thru the CLI documentation. But i am not understanding how to make an automation eg to play a music folder lets say “Enigma”

Can you please give an example?

Best try out changing some of the examples found here:-

Was already trying that…

Tried many combinations like the one below…

service: squeezebox.call_method
target:
  entity_id:
    - media_player.squeezelite_ha_addon_2_2
  device_id: []
  area_id: []
data:
  command: playlist
  parameters: 
     - musicfolder
     - Enigma

But the folder is not getting added to playlist/queue.

Dont know what am i doing wrong

Best posted on the other thread given this conterates on the player and server addons.

The link was to the service call_method, which I didn’t know if you were aware of.

The best examples I have seen are in the thread Phil pointed to, and I endorse following up there. Cheers.

Hello, help need! I install lms on haos, acces my music in /media by add network storage in home assistant. I turn the protection mode off and set_permision on, otherwise i didnt alter any settings of the addon. Everything works exept in plugins i can’t change the location of the parent folder and get invalid argument. Also if i try to make dynamic playlist creator or custom skip filters i get 404 not found error. What i missing?

@steamboy23 , I suspect the plugins need specific support for ingress and I am not sure what you men by changing the location of the parent folder where for what? Please feel free to lodge an issue for the plugins in github some screen shots on what generates the 404’s would be useful…

thank you for your quick answer. here is the screenshot of the invalid argument. doesn’t matter what location I put there always get invalid argument.

and when I click create new dynamic playlist or create new custom skip filter i get 404 not found
I will open an issue on GitHub too

@durkimat I’m running into the same problem with the ffmpeg package. Were you ever able to get it to install?

Mine is stuck here with no way to respond to the prompt…

Setting up libavc1394-0:amd64 (0.5.4-5) ...
Setting up libxcb-dri3-0:amd64 (1.15-1) ...
Setting up libzvbi0:amd64 (0.2.41-1) ...
Setting up libx11-xcb1:amd64 (2:1.8.4-2+deb12u2) ...
Setting up liblapack3:amd64 (3.11.0-2) ...
update-alternatives: using /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/lapack/liblapack.so.3 to provide /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/liblapack.so.3 (liblapack.so.3-x86_64-linux-gnu) in auto mode
Setting up libplacebo208:amd64 (4.208.0-3) ...
Setting up libzmq5:amd64 (4.3.4-6) ...
Setting up libcaca0:amd64 (0.99.beta20-3) ...
Setting up libxrender1:amd64 (1:0.9.10-1.1) ...
Setting up libpulse0:amd64 (16.1+dfsg1-2+b1) ...

Configuration file '/etc/pulse/client.conf'
 ==> File on system created by you or by a script.
 ==> File also in package provided by package maintainer.
   What would you like to do about it ?  Your options are:
    Y or I  : install the package maintainer's version
    N or O  : keep your currently-installed version
      D     : show the differences between the versions
      Z     : start a shell to examine the situation
 The default action is to keep your current version.

What exactly are you doing to create this log?

I am attempting to add the ffmpeg package to the LMS add-on. I added ffmpeg to the ‘Packages’ field in the LSM add-on configuration tab. When attempting to start LMS, it hangs during the install of the package and shows this in the log file. It’s looking for some type of user interaction and of course, there isn’t any way to provide that. the LMS add-on can’t be stopped or restarted due to this pause for user interaction. A restart of HA is needed.

Yes thats a bug please log an issue in github with logs config details etc and I will look into it… It should not prompt.

1 Like

Latest and Last version of LMS has arrived (8.4.0). Where will the open source work go? Will LMS continue to thrive? Thanks,

It has a very very strong community and will (IMHO) survive.

For those who don’t know what we are referring to, see

https://forums.slimdevices.com/forum/user-forums/logitech-media-server/1673928-logitech-media-server-8-4-0-released#post1674057

And the thread linked in the first post there.

1 Like

Indeed Logitech has become a constraint on more community contributions

Thanks for the update. Just getting started with LMS within HA. Plex is… well Plex so trying to simplify to LMS and hoping this solution has ‘legs’.

Question: Media (in HA) sees my DLNA Renderers (3 - Arylic 50 + speakers) but they do not show up in LMS. I’ve enabled in Settings (turned on DLNA discovery) but still no love. Maybe missed something obvious!

Thoughts? thx