Home Assistant Companion for Android 1.6 and 1.7

Thank you, @Burningstone, however… it doesn’t appear to work :slightly_frowning_face:

It first fusses about the /local folder. Tried white-listing it, that didn’t work (not a path, apparently). Then tried /config/www/, but that didn’t work either. The image will write, but it doesn’t get attached in the notification.

@pergola.fabio, how are you uploading your images to a URL?

i just use the home assistant url http://xxxx/images/… and then with a unique timestamp like http://xxx/images/blabl.jpg?someunqiuehere

to make it a unique non cached file

here is an exact example :

https://xxxxx.ui.nabu.casa/local/images/snapshot_camxx.jpg?{{ states.automation.your_automation_here.last_triggered }}

Updates for the WiFi sensor seem to be really good for my wife’s Samsung Galaxy S8, but when I change the WiFi on my OnePlus 6, it can take upwards of 10 minutes before this change is reflected in the sensor.

I had previously rolled my own WiFi sensor using LlamaLab’s Automate and a webhook (which I’d like to dump), but that one updates nearly instantly for both of us. Should I create a bug for this?

From what I’ve gathered the sensors only update at a certain interval or whenever there’s a GPS update. I’ve added a github issue related to this https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant-android/issues/391 although that issue is only about battery status.

Yeah, I would say each respective sensor would update either on a schedule or when it has new data, while respecting a rate limit to keep battery usage low.

Personally, I am not concerned with any of the attributes on the WiFi sensor. I just want to know when I’ve joined or left a network. I’m using this as one of the home/away binary_sensors rather than have to have an arp or ping sensor.

So the GPS sensor doesn’t work for you?

GPS works, but that’s typically laggy. I know I join my WiFi network as soon as I pull into the driveway.

GPS gives you some indication of your location, but when I’m looking at home vs. not_home, my WiFi knows instantly.

Not sure about your phones, but when I connect to my wifi the gps updates instantly to my home location. :man_shrugging:

Is it Normal that the notifications don’t wake up your phone. Is this being fixed as. I using the Notifications when I arrive to the shops an sometimes I don’t open my phone.

Have you disabled battery optimisation for the app?

Oh no I have not how do you do that

Depends entirely on your model of phone - stock Google Pixel the easiest way is to search settings with “battery” keyword.

1 Like

Just did disabled battery optimisation for note 10 thanks man :slight_smile:

It didn’t work :frowning:

This is (most likely) a doze issue, and disabling battery optimisation for the app does resolve it for the Pixel phones that I and my wife use.

Unless I’m mistaken, you’ll need to look at the app’s permissions for background processing and battery usage within the Samsung menus and options (I’m not familiar with them) - this may include ‘sleeping apps’.

You can validate this by checking whether notifications are received promptly.

1. With the phone awake (i.e. screen on) and the app completely closed.
  2. With the app running in the foreground (i.e. open on screen).
  3. With the phone asleep and app closed.

If 2 only, then it’s (probably) a background processing limitation on the phone to adjust.
If 1 only, then battery optimisation for the HA app still needs looking at.
If 3, then it should be working correctly.

You can also test with the ttl and priority elements discussed here

I just Remove the app, vlear the integration for this mobile in HA and reinstall the app. now its working :slight_smile: don’t know what was wrong but its fixed now :slight_smile:

This doesn’t seem right to me. Why aren’t they prefixed with the device name? sensor.battery_level_N is just too generic a name. This isn’t a complaint just about the Android app, naming of entities in HA has always annoyed me.

This is probably just an oversight in the app integration. It doesn’t sound like an intentional thing, but maybe it is. Regardless it’s not that hard to rename entities.

I mentioned this probably halfway up this thread. There’s already a bug logged for it.