Home Assistant constantly losing connection - pls help

Sorry, DC=disconnect. I’m having the same issue on the home network, wifi and ethernet. I’ve narrowed the problem down to the matter integration. If I remove it, the problem goes away completely. As soon as put it back in, I start to lose connection again. Hella frustrating, but I need to dig through the matter section of the forum. Maybe someone has fixed this over there already…

same here… every minutes keep on connecting…

I have somewhere the same issue. After starting up my HA is reachable for about one minute after that he went offline and will be not reachable anymore (not locally and
not via Nabu Casa). However the instance self keeps running, my automations are still working.

I got the loading page which will keeping loading until eternity.

I got the same issue now, sometimes you get into the home page, put clicking for another page will bring up cannot load page
or
using chrome gives
This site can’t be reached

**IP address ** refused to connect.

Watching the browser, it says reconnecting then you see it starting services so its like its continually rebooting

I have tried turning the Pi off completely but still has the issue.

I love this platform having come from Smartthings and Hue but this is a major issue and doesn’t seem to be getting any traction.

If your device is continually rebooting you should check the logs and also connect a screen / TV and a keyboard to see what is going on.

Everybody can tell you it is an issue on your side…it isnt. My Nabu Casa connection is very unreliable too, eventhopugh the local version works just fine.

Also Z2M is very laggy withttthe NC url whilst on local url is very snappy. Clearly this is a server issue

Im actually quite sure it is Z2M related…

Does it continue if HA is restarted in safe mode?

I have removed all the hacs integrations…removed hacs… still is an issue…

stopped Z2M, all was suddenly fine. As soon as you start Z2M startts failing after a while

and especcialy when you do ‘permit all’ within Z2M nabu casa connection fails immediattly

Are you sure you don’t have any conflicting ports?

No i dont…in safe mode using NC url z2m doesnt load…over local it does

and in safe mode it also shows connection failed issues when trying to open Z2M

This might be related?

Logger: homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection
Source: components/websocket_api/http.py:519
integration: Home Assistant WebSocket API (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 10:47:53 (3 occurrences)
Last logged: 10:50:18

• [546604747792] from 127.0.0.1 (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/128.0.0.0 Safari/537.36): Disconnected: Did not receive auth message within 10 seconds
  • [546604744912] from 127.0.0.1 (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/128.0.0.0 Safari/537.36): Disconnected: Did not receive auth message within 10 seconds
  • [546495433168] from 127.0.0.1 (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/128.0.0.0 Safari/537.36): Disconnected: Did not receive auth message within 10 seconds
1 Like

Having similar issues but I have a few different browsers with different logins and I noticed that it happens more in the login that has the most dashboards. Since I can’t find details in the logs I’m going to try disabling dashboards to see if I can narrow down the problematic integrations or dashboards. This only started happening for me in the last few 2024 releases.

I think I have a little update that might be progress in this issue. I feel a little silly that I didn’t make the connection sooner (pun intended). I have this integration that helped me figure out what might be happening: hass-browser_mod/README.md at de87d5b4f57e2f0d02ad2868e5532ddcac296359 · thomasloven/hass-browser_mod · GitHub.

I did two things and so far connections are stable. First I removed my busiest dashboard from my profile view for a couple hours. Next I logged off my phone app and logged back in.

The I was poking around the browser mod integration and it appears to interact with the web sockets and suggests if you have problems clear your browser cache. Anyway, I’m thinking that I had something from an older integration that was hanging around in cache. So I went through the browser mod integration and cleared out all the older connection entries.

1 Like

I dont have that one…

I did notice that when a connection is lost…deactivating and reactivating the remote connection of NC resolved it withing a second

I am having the same problem of HA going offline every couple of minutes. Sometimes it re-establishes connection but mostly have to do a hard power reset to reconnect…then loses connection again within a few minutes. This has just began happening the last couple of days. Prior to that, running same hardware for last two years. No new devices/automations/YAML edits performed. Only change to software is accepted normal updates. I can successfully ping the device even when “not connected”. Below is log file. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2024-10-04 22:34:49.826 WARNING (SyncWorker_0) [homeassistant.loader] We found a custom integration alexa_media which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant
2024-10-04 22:34:49.829 WARNING (SyncWorker_0) [homeassistant.loader] We found a custom integration dreame_vacuum which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant
2024-10-04 22:34:49.832 WARNING (SyncWorker_0) [homeassistant.loader] We found a custom integration presence_simulation which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant
2024-10-04 22:34:49.833 WARNING (SyncWorker_0) [homeassistant.loader] We found a custom integration aarlo which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant
2024-10-04 22:34:49.836 WARNING (SyncWorker_0) [homeassistant.loader] We found a custom integration hacs which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant
2024-10-04 22:34:49.838 WARNING (SyncWorker_0) [homeassistant.loader] We found a custom integration watchman which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant
2024-10-04 22:34:51.419 WARNING (Recorder) [homeassistant.components.recorder.util] The system could not validate that the sqlite3 database at //config/home-assistant_v2.db was shutdown cleanly
2024-10-04 22:34:51.512 WARNING (Recorder) [homeassistant.components.recorder.util] Ended unfinished session (id=745 from 2024-10-05 04:31:50.675183)
2024-10-04 22:35:03.185 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.util.loop] Detected blocking call to load_verify_locations with args (<ssl.SSLContext object at 0xffff55553f50>, ‘/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/certifi/cacert.pem’, None, None) inside the event loop by custom integration ‘alexa_media’ at custom_components/alexa_media/init.py, line 341: AlexaLogin( (offender: /usr/local/lib/python3.12/ssl.py, line 708: context.load_verify_locations(cafile, capath, cadata)), please create a bug report at Issues · alandtse/alexa_media_player · GitHub
For developers, please see Blocking operations with asyncio | Home Assistant Developer Docs
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “”, line 198, in _run_module_as_main
File “”, line 88, in _run_code
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/main.py”, line 223, in
sys.exit(main())
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/main.py”, line 209, in main
exit_code = runner.run(runtime_conf)
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/runner.py”, line 189, in run
return loop.run_until_complete(setup_and_run_hass(runtime_config))
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.12/asyncio/base_events.py”, line 674, in run_until_complete
self.run_forever()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.12/asyncio/base_events.py”, line 641, in run_forever
self._run_once()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.12/asyncio/base_events.py”, line 1990, in _run_once
handle._run()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.12/asyncio/events.py”, line 88, in _run
self._context.run(self._callback, *self._args)
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/setup.py”, line 165, in async_setup_component
result = await _async_setup_component(hass, domain, config)
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/setup.py”, line 461, in async_setup_component
await asyncio.gather(
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/setup.py”, line 463, in
create_eager_task(
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/util/async
.py", line 45, in create_eager_task
return Task(coro, loop=loop, name=name, eager_start=True)
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py”, line 742, in async_setup_locked
await self.async_setup(hass, integration=integration)
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py”, line 594, in async_setup
result = await component.async_setup_entry(hass, self)
File “/config/custom_components/alexa_media/init.py”, line 341, in async_setup_entry
AlexaLogin(

2024-10-04 22:35:03.232 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.rachio] 1 Rachio device(s) found; The url https://hooks.nabu.casa/gAAAAABh-f3Sl0UcqcxtgYDnRSYJZK-i8v56UZdSsy1Xcmi-moDXqfeL95E8seVtdlR80TMzsuzQy_KcXJxOoWrWdm1tmyMTEQ15n1sBmhqpSPEUcy0CFhPUxDAOLrBpxnxHlaa3q3KHnIKrtEFtsYXesW4uZXhE9YJA8mvpBTPNsJbpHm_ESZk= must be accessible from the internet in order to receive updates
2024-10-04 22:35:03.303 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.util.loop] Detected blocking call to open with args (PosixPath(‘/config/.storage/[email protected]’),) inside the event loop by custom integration ‘alexa_media’ at custom_components/alexa_media/init.py, line 361: await login.login(cookies=await login.load_cookie()) (offender: /usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/aiohttp/cookiejar.py, line 126: with file_path.open(mode=“rb”) as f:), please create a bug report at Issues · alandtse/alexa_media_player · GitHub
For developers, please see Blocking operations with asyncio | Home Assistant Developer Docs
sys.exit(main())
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.12/asyncio/base_events.py”, line 674, in run_until_complete
self.run_forever()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.12/asyncio/base_events.py”, line 641, in run_forever
self._run_once()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.12/asyncio/base_events.py”, line 1990, in _run_once
handle._run()
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py”, line 742, in async_setup_locked
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py”, line 594, in async_setup
File “/config/custom_components/alexa_media/init.py”, line 361, in async_setup_entry
await login.login(cookies=await login.load_cookie())

2024-10-04 22:35:05.416 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.util.loop] Detected blocking call to open with args (PosixPath(‘/config/.storage/[email protected]’),) inside the event loop by custom integration ‘alexa_media’ at custom_components/alexa_media/init.py, line 361: await login.login(cookies=await login.load_cookie()) (offender: /usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/aiohttp/cookiejar.py, line 121: with file_path.open(mode=“wb”) as f:), please create a bug report at Issues · alandtse/alexa_media_player · GitHub
sys.exit(main())
self.run_forever()
self._run_once()
handle._run()
File “/config/custom_components/alexa_media/init.py”, line 361, in async_setup_entry
await login.login(cookies=await login.load_cookie())

2024-10-04 22:35:05.438 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.util.loop] Detected blocking call to load_verify_locations with args (<ssl.SSLContext object at 0xffff54069050>,) inside the event loop by custom integration ‘alexa_media’ at custom_components/alexa_media/init.py, line 922: http2 = HTTP2EchoClient( (offender: /usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/httpx/_config.py, line 149: context.load_verify_locations(cafile=cafile)), please create a bug report at Issues · alandtse/alexa_media_player · GitHub
sys.exit(main())
self.run_forever()
self._run_once()
handle._run()
File “/config/custom_components/alexa_media/init.py”, line 363, in async_setup_entry
await setup_alexa(hass, config_entry, login)
File “/config/custom_components/alexa_media/init.py”, line 1312, in setup_alexa
await http2_connect()
File “/config/custom_components/alexa_media/init.py”, line 922, in http2_connect
http2 = HTTP2EchoClient(

2024-10-04 22:35:16.635 WARNING (MainThread) [zigpy.application] Zigbee channel 15 utilization is 89.94%!
2024-10-04 22:35:16.635 WARNING (MainThread) [zigpy.application] If you are having problems joining new devices, are missing sensor updates, or have issues keeping devices joined, ensure your coordinator is away from interference sources such as USB 3.0 devices, SSDs, WiFi routers, etc.
2024-10-04 22:35:18.271 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved (None)
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/discovery_flow.py”, line 135, in async_start
await gather_with_limited_concurrency(FLOW_INIT_LIMIT, *init_coros)
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/util/async
.py", line 114, in gather_with_limited_concurrency
return await gather(
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/util/async_.py”, line 112, in sem_task
return await task
^^^^^^^^^^
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py”, line 1287, in async_init
flow, result = await self._async_init(flow_id, handler, context, data)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py”, line 1322, in _async_init
result = await self._async_handle_step(flow, flow.init_step, data)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/data_entry_flow.py”, line 520, in _async_handle_step
result: _FlowResultT = await getattr(flow, method)(user_input)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/wled/config_flow.py”, line 81, in async_step_zeroconf
self.discovered_device = await self._async_get_device(discovery_info.host)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/wled/config_flow.py”, line 117, in _async_get_device
return await wled.update()
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/backoff/_async.py”, line 151, in retry
ret = await target(*args, **kwargs)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/wled/wled.py”, line 259, in update
if not (presets := await self.request(“/presets.json”)):
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/backoff/_async.py”, line 151, in retry
ret = await target(*args, **kwargs)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/wled/wled.py”, line 205, in request
raise WLEDError(
wled.exceptions.WLEDError: (404, {‘message’: ‘Not Found’})

1 Like

Mant thanks! Rolling Media Player back to 4.13.2 seems to have resolved.