Home Assistant devices in SmartThings

It would be really awesome if HA Cloud supported smartthings, as people with Samsung TVs and some mobile phones only have smartthings control, and nothing else. (Much like Siri and Apple TV)

I’d love to see this feature come to HA!

What precisely would you like above what is already provided?

I would like home assistant devices in the smartthings app

1 Like

I don’t think I’m talking out of turn when I say this is never ever going to happen.

HA is all about local control as much as possible and it shouldn’t be up to HA to provide functionality from within it’s own ecosystem to provide functionality to Smartthings.

If the Smartthings users want HA devices to show up in ST then it should be up to ST to leverage the HA API to implement those devices. Much like HA does for all of it’s third party integrations. If the third party has an API then HA uses that to access the third party stuff. And that’s why HA is always at the whim of those third parties changing their API and breaking HA functionality.

In this case HA would the third party to ST.

But I could easily be completely wrong. :wink:

1 Like

Well, on the principle, HA does it for Google and Alexa, so why not.
Thing is:

1. Smarthings probably doesn’t have the critical mass to bother (sorry Sansung people).
  2. Does it even allow such integration?
1 Like

Oh crap! You’re right! I didn’t think about those.

Never mind then. I did say I could be completely wrong. :laughing:

But as in your point #2 I’m not sure if ST works the same way with third party skills.

SmartThings requires the integration come from the company or entity wanting to be inside SmartThings.
Except Google and Alexa because they’re special.

This might at least partially apply here:

Home assistant doesn’t make devices. Nor is it called home assistance.

I have no clue about Smarthings.
Are you implying the OP could interact with HA with Smarthings through Google / Alexa? If do, problem solved, I ,guess…

No, I meant Google and Alexa have been given special circumstances by SmartThings where their integrations are done by SmartThings.
All other integrations with SmartThings must be done by the third party wishing to work with SmartThings.

Sorry, typo.

What I mean by home assistant devices is all my devices inside home assistant inside SmartThings.

I’m usually in mobile when I reply to these things so expect typos often :sweat_smile:

Fair enough. I still don’t understand what you are trying to achieve.