Home Assistant doesnt restart

Since a few weeks my Home Assistant rarely restarts when I tell it to, it results in below screen.
When it happens I need to pull the power cable from my Raspberry to power off and restart from there, and even then it sometimes doesn’t start. Not sure what is causing this problemen, any help on this would be appreciated because it is very annoying… I just tried resetting it from work and while looking at the screen it seemed it was trying to start because the thingy at the bottom of the screen said it is starting, but apparently it fails somehow.

No logs currently available as I need to go home from work first and pull the power cord :rofl:

Edit:
Android companion app error

Do you have a VPN access to your home network?

It might be a cloud auth issue or a network issue, it’s hard to tell why your HA is unreachable.

Sometimes it might not boot because you use a faulty SD card or a full disk, like any other OS.

I’m afraid that you will need to have physical access to the host to diagnose this ( if you have no way to access the shell through internet)

Your old logs file will be renamed homeassistant.log.{1…9}, the file isn’t delected, kernel log will also be useful (ones located in /var/logs)

You may check this topic

Thanks for the link to this topic, power might be a thing. I will check the adapter today when I get home from work again. Think it’s an original Samsung from my S21+ I had left laying around.

This morning my Raspberry didn’t respond again for some reason and my wife was left in the dark which doesn’t help her mood… Together with all my other issues I’m on the verge of quitting HA completely. :sob:

You better avoid using it on Raspberry, from my experience it fails often.

Fan less computer intended for lightweight client is fine, also if you can run it on your router if it does handle VM or docker it’s a reliable solutions

Was 7.5W, replaced it with a different charger from work to test it out a few days to see how it works! Thanks for the tip.