Home assistant OS crush

Hi!
I have HA OS installed over proxmox (used this guide)
I am pretty sure it has enough resources - 32GB storage, 4GB RAM.
It became unavailable and crushed about 2 weeks ago, and resetting the VM fixed it for a while.
today it crushed twice. the HA is completely unavailable (web and SSH) until I reset the VM.
Currently it’s HA core 2023.5.1 over OS 10.1m but it happened before as I said.
This is the Console output:

What can I do to fix it?

Are you using HA Android App ?
I was having a lot of problems when I moved HA to another hardware two weeks ago, I was on a NUC using ProxMox 7.3 and now I am running on a HunSn RJ02 (computer with 4 Ethernet ports) using ProxMox 7.4… the HA VM was crashing sometimes twice a day on the new hardware… It was rebooting automatically… if not, I had to stop the VM before starting it manually…
So I was running HA OS 10 at the time, went back to HA OS 9.5 … same issue… reinstalled HA OS 10.1… Problem remains…
I discovered that the root cause was the usage of HA Android App (which was very very slow by the way)… I stopped using it (I uninstalled it from all my Android devices) and now my VM and HA is stable again… I am just using a browser to access my dashboards…
Maybe same issue on your side…
But your root cause could maybe be different…

What are the specs of the machine running Proxmox?

Yes, I’m using the android app.
But I don’t want to uninstall it since I am using notification and sensors from the phone

It’s running on some Mini PC with 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, 4 x Intel(R) Celeron(R) N5095 @ 2.00GHz

To ensure compatibility with N-series Celeron processors, you will need to install the Proxmox 6.2 kernel and the Intel microcode.

For detailed instructions, please refer to this guide, https://www.derekseaman.com/2023/04/installing-home-assistant-on-proxmox-quick-start-guide.html

1 Like

Doing it right now and I will update in the next days if it solved the problam.
Thanks for the super-fast response!

Also, Installing Home Assistant OS using Proxmox 7 - #965 by tteck

It’s been a week since I applied this solution and so far it is stable. Thanks!

1 Like