Home Assistant OS Update to 2022.5 Kills Z-Wave JS Intergration

Should this be happening for HAOS users? If so, how do I update the server?

2022-05-04_16-11-10

Getting same message.

seeing this in log.

[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.
[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.
[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...
[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...
[cont-init.d] config.sh: executing... 
[13:58:38] INFO: Both 'network_key' and 's0_legacy_key' are set and match. All ok.
[13:58:41] INFO: Virtual Machine not detected, enabling soft-reset
[cont-init.d] config.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] structure.sh: executing... 
[cont-init.d] structure.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
[services.d] done.
[13:58:42] INFO: Successfully send discovery information to Home Assistant.
2022-05-04T20:58:45.168Z DRIVER   ███████╗ ██╗    ██╗  █████╗  ██╗   ██╗ ███████╗             ██╗ ███████╗
                                  ╚══███╔╝ ██║    ██║ ██╔══██╗ ██║   ██║ ██╔════╝             ██║ ██╔════╝
                                    ███╔╝  ██║ █╗ ██║ ███████║ ██║   ██║ █████╗   █████╗      ██║ ███████╗
                                   ███╔╝   ██║███╗██║ ██╔══██║ ╚██╗ ██╔╝ ██╔══╝   ╚════╝ ██   ██║ ╚════██║
                                  ███████╗ ╚███╔███╔╝ ██║  ██║  ╚████╔╝  ███████╗        ╚█████╔╝ ███████║
                                  ╚══════╝  ╚══╝╚══╝  ╚═╝  ╚═╝   ╚═══╝   ╚══════╝         ╚════╝  ╚══════╝
2022-05-04T20:58:45.177Z DRIVER   version 9.0.7
2022-05-04T20:58:45.178Z DRIVER   
2022-05-04T20:58:54.296Z DRIVER   Failed to open the serial port: Error Resource temporarily unavailable Cannot 
                                  lock port
Unable to start driver ZWaveError: Failed to open the serial port: Error Resource temporarily unavailable Cannot lock port (ZW0100)
    at Driver.openSerialport (/usr/src/node_modules/zwave-js/src/lib/driver/Driver.ts:930:9)
    at Immediate.<anonymous> (/usr/src/node_modules/zwave-js/src/lib/driver/Driver.ts:816:5) {
  code: 100,
  context: undefined,
  transactionSource: undefined
}
[cont-finish.d] executing container finish scripts...
[cont-finish.d] done.
[s6-finish] waiting for services.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the TERM signal.

I think you will need to update the addon to 0.38 or higher. This is mentioned in the breaking changes of the release notes. I‘m on 0.37 without any possibility yet to update the zwavejs2mqtt addon. So I have to stay on the 2022.4.7

Wonder why I never received a notification to upgrade Z-WaveJS to MQTT? Have auto update set to yes

I thought this kind of thing was one of the big reasons for running HAOS, so these dependencies are handled automatically???

1 Like

I uninstalled zwavejs2mqtt and now I cannot find it to reinstall. Jeez

I rolled back, so I can’t help sorry.

I am getting ready to as well.

I had the same issue and I had to restore my HA to the previous version. Now I found the solution and fixed my problem.

In Add-ons, I checked and the repository was not there. I added “GitHub - hassio-addons/repository: Home Assistant Community Add-ons” repository.

After reboot, the repository appeared in my HA, and it had an update for the Z-Wave JS MQTT add-on.

I updated the add-on, and because I restored my HA, I had to update it to 2022.5 again, and it looks like everything works.

Thank you.

1 Like

This error means you’re running both the Z-Wave JS add-on (official) and the zwavejs2mqtt add-on (community) at the same time, and they are fighting over the USB controller. You can only install one or the other, not both. Follow the instructions to switch to zwavejs2mqtt and uninstall the official addon. It would be obvious which add-on the integration is currently connected to based on the configured WS URL.

I was running ZwaveJS and zwavejs2mqtt prior to upgrading. I had zwavejs2mqtt only for the UI. Using a zwave.me card on my RPI4. Will upgrade again to 2022.5 and see if it works now.

I uninstalled official add-on long time ago because there were some issues. I had only Z-Wave JS MQTT add-on.

That comment was not a reply to you.

You cannot run both add-ons at the same time. If you want the UI, pick zwavejs2mqtt only.

That’s kinda ringing a bell. Waiting on upgrade and will look at that.

This is the solution, once I realized the needed repository is named repository all went smoothly. :sunglasses:

Think I have the settings correct now. Though it looks like it needs to re-interview all the nodes again. WIll Let it sit for a while. Thanks for your assistance.

1 Like

Zwave once again. Is somebody asleep at the wheel, zwave is a pain in the ass which lets down HA.

I think this just happened to me, too.
I only had zwjs-mqtt running.
Then I got an upgrade notice (I thought for the UI), and updated it. Now I see zwave JS running again.

Is it possible that, although I had previously UNinstalled zwaveJS, that it is still prompting me for its “updates” and thereby re-installing itself? How would I diagnose that and stop it from happening?