Home Assistant Simple Motorised Roller Blind

very nice release. I have integrated it on many blinds by now. Many thanks at this point. But I still have one question. Is there a way to change the motor direction ? Either in HA or in the Arduino code ? One more small addition, with the Safari browser it doesn’t work for me that the SSID and the password are taken over. In the Arduino code there is always an empty string. I could not test another browser yet, but I will do it later.
:grinning:

1 Like

Any reason not to use ESPHome? There’s a time tested version that uses the same parts HERE

1 Like

So there is currently no way of changing the motor direction but it’s a good idea for a later release.

It’s the .step() method that determines the direction. Either 1 or -1 so it’s shouldn’t be too difficult to implement that once I find some time.

I’m not sure exactly what you mean with regards to the Safari browser, could you elaborate?

No reason at all other than I prefer coding over scripting.

Fair point, I should probably do more coding.

Sorry, didn’t mean to hijack thread…

I’ll add a link instead:

i love your setup! thank you!!!
now, 1 motor is too weak for a big window of mine. how can i use a 2 motors setup as seen here from Printables. ? how would i even wire the 2 motors and can i use your same bin file from here?

1 Like

Hey,

Thanks for the compliment, glad your like it :slight_smile: unfortunately I couldn’t really tell you how to change it much as it’s the hardware and electrical side of things isn’t my strong suite.

Hope it works out though!