Home Assistant SkyConnect - official radio USB dongle will be compatible with both Zigbee and OpenThread (including Matter/CHIP over Thread)

General tips → https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/zha#best-practices-to-avoid-pairingconnection-difficulties

The only specific other tip I have for that is to make sure do a factory reset of the devices, but if does not help then it is probably best if you open an new issue for the ZHA integration in the Home Assistant’s core repository and provide diagnostics / debug logs in that issue.

I have the same issue after migrating from zha (conbee ii) to skyconnect. I will open an issue.

Very strange! I successfully added all my IKEA stuff if I searched for it this way:
zha > devices > SkyConnect > Add devices via this device

Can you try if that works for you too? “Add device” from the default ZHA landing page does not find my IKEA stuff.

Can anyone confirm if there is a difference while adding devices that way, or did I just get lucky :slight_smile:

I will try that as well. I have opened an issue and provided data to devs. :grin:

Running latest HA on a VM in Virtualbox running on windows 11 host on an 8th gen NUC.

Only have wifi devices but looking to go down zigbee path. Don’t have any zigbee sensors yet.

Will SkyConnect have any limitations with my setup? I put off buying a conbee stick as wanted to see how matter adoption progresses.

I am not aware of any current limitations related to computer hardware, no matter if running it in a virtual machine or not, though it is recommended to run in a Home Assistant Operation System installation to easily be able to use the Silicon Labs multiprotocol add-on for firmware updates in the future and such. Regardless of which adapter you buy be sure to use a USB extension cable and follow these guidelines-> Guide for Zigbee interference avoidance and network range/coverage optimization

1 Like

@agners I just updated to 7.1.4.0 (I have a notification on the nabucasa silabs fw repo). In general, after a scan of the release notes, I am guessing these updates are somewhat safe to do (or atleast as safe as any firmware update) now that things seem to be stabilizing a bit?

I reverted to Conbee II and now everything works as before. I assume it is a firmware issue with the Skyconnect unit.

I just received the skyconnect , I hope that I can migrate the Zigbee devices that are already connect to Sonoff-usb-dongle E version, which have been working fine.

My HA session is running on UTM on my M1 Mac Mini, again, it has been working fine.

Once I have the skyconnect, I plugged that into the same USB external cable with the Sonoff dongle removed.

However, I cannot get the integration to work as the Skyconnect device is not detected

Just wondering anyone here has detection issue or is it more relateed to UTM issue?

Had the same issue. You need to install the ZHA integration too. Then physically remove the SkyConnect and plug it in again.

but it appears that the integration would not be installed until the Skyconnect is detected in HA, this is the issue I am facihg now

Strange. But i have deconz too, so maybe this is why it was working for me

Not clear by your question exactly what you want to migrate from or what you want to migrate to? For startars, are you today using the ZHA integration, Zigbee2MQTT, or something else?

To clarify one thing first; it is not supported to migrate from Zigbee2MQTT to the ZHA integration, or vice versa. If you want to move from Zigbee2MQTT to the ZHA integration then the currently is no other migration path than to remove each device from Zigbee2MQTT, then factory reset each device following the manufacturer’s instructions for that, and only then join/pair the device to the ZHA integration, i.ei. doing it all from scratch. And the same thing goes if want to move from the ZHA integration to Zigbee2MQTT.

If you want yo migrate from another Zigbee Coordinator that already uses the ZHA integration to a other Zigbee Coordinator inside ZHA then you can do so, (recommend first download backup from ZHA). Do not remove you original Zigbee Coordinator yet, instead start the ”MIGRATE RADIO” available under ”Network Settings” and follow the instructions. There are many step-by-step guides available on YouTube as well as written articles specifically about radio migration inside ZHA.

If what you instead want to do is to migrate from another Zigbee Coordinator adapter in Zigbee2MQTT to the Home Assistant SkyConnect as Zigbee Coordinator adapter in Zigbee2MQTT (or vice versa) then see this related discussion in the Zigbee2MQTT community → migrating coordinator from ZBDongle-E to ZBDongle-P · Koenkk/zigbee2mqtt · Discussion #16478 · GitHub

Migration from deCONZ/Phoscon is not supported. Covered that previouly in this thread. More details here in this request to deCONZ/Phoscon developers → [REQUEST] Standard "Open ZigBee Coordinator Backup Format" support for Zigbee network backups and restoring from and to ConBee/RaspBee (deCONZ based adapters)? · Issue #12 · dresden-elektronik/deconz-rest-plugin-v2 · GitHub

I migrated some of my devices manually from deconz to zha

currently I have all zigbee devices connect to Zonoff usb dongles via ZHA. The issue is that after I unplug the Sonoff and plug in Skyconnect, the Skyconnect is not recognised by HA, so the integration would not be installed. I am at a loss how to fix this

@Hedda , this question may be relevant.

do I have to start the radio migration and after it is completed then I unplug the Sonoff and then plug in Skyconnect, and only then the Skyconnect would be recognised ? so did I jump the gun and plug in Skyconnect and it would not be picked up by HA? but I was just trying to follow the instruction from here

Maybe not the right place to ask, but anyone with experience with HUE Outdoor motion sensor?
It’s alive for 5h, then it stops reporting back to the SkyConnect…

latest update :slight_smile:

I followed the YouTube video and managed to successfully migrated to Skyconnect

However, I could not have succeeded using the Home Assistant session I orginally installed on my M1Mac Mini using UTM. I think it is not responding well to external devices such as USB devices. I ended up migrated the HA to an Intel NUC running debian with the docker

Anyway, I want to express my thank you to @Hedda for pointing me to the right direction

New blog post on Home Assistant web page have some huge news that are relevant to SkyConnect:

In summary:

Here is not the right place I think as to narrow and too specific an issue with a unique device. Suggest post a separate thread after making sure to follow best practices → Zigbee networks: how to guide for avoiding interference and optimize for getting better range + coverage