Home Assistant Update Interval

Hi all,

I know this is probably a question that has been answered before however I’m unable to locate it. I know home assistant operates on a bi-weekly release schedule however it seems its been a little longer this time likely due to the holidays. Is it stated anywhere that can be checked regularly to see when the next update is planned? Is there a strict schedule for the updates or are they done when there is enough to make the update worthwhile?

I think there will be an update on or around jan 15th. You can count the bi-weekly update dates from there.

We’re taking a well deserved break and we will be back again in 2017 with more awesomeness. Happy holidays!

2 Likes

@ih8gates

I absolutely agree it is a well deserved break. I’m consistently in awe of the awesomeness the devs of HA achieve as well as the support of the community.

@GMFalka

Very cool. There’s one particular update I’m anxious try. I did upgrade to the dev branch but found some things that seemed buggy. Hoping it’ll be sorted when it gets released with the master. I’m excited to see what 2017 brings. Thanks for the insight. :slight_smile:

If you see some bugs in the dev branch, you should report it so we can fix it before the release https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/new

I’ll try to find a few minutes to upgrade again and test this week before the release. The issues I was having was with the flux_led update. The dev branch is an improvement with adding protocol: ledenet but the lights would stop responding after receiving a rapid succession of color changes. For testing I opened the magichome app and after the controller is registered in the app it seemed to apply all the changes at once that were sent from HA. I didn’t want to delay this update from making it into the master branch because it is an improvement. Thanks for all the work you do. It’s you and others like you that truly make HA the superb platform it is.

While we’re on the subject, when is the updater component ever going to be fixed? LOL

1 Like

Is there an open issue for the updater? If not I would say never, except you open a new issue :wink:

Open since November 26th:

Open since December 5th:

:wink:

1 Like

I just posted on both issues asking for an update and suggesting they revert back to the pre 0.31 updater which worked. It seems like when they added the data collection features, that’s when all the problems started.

I just got my first update notification in some time so maybe it is fixed.

Yeah, @robbiet480 replied on the issue and said that he fixed one issue and was addressing the other.

I rushed the last update so I actually used my own sensor setup to get the notification before they had everything public so I missed it.