Home assistant yellow and docker compose frigate

sorry I will post my actual yml in the morning, my docker compose hub is a pi 4 on ssd

sorry, I am still learning I don’t know what frigate proxy is and how to use it

on my pi 4 running docker I use the command
cd /home/pi/frigate

then use this command to get access
nano docker-compose.yml

my config in this section is as follows

GNU nano 5.4 docker-compose.yml *
image: blakeblackshear/frigate:stable
shm_size: “64mb” # update for your cameras based on calculation above
devices:
- /dev/bus/usb:/dev/bus/usb # passes the USB Coral, needs to be modified >
- /dev/apex_0:/dev/apex_0 # passes a PCIe Coral, follow driver instructio>
- /dev/dri/renderD128 # for intel hwaccel, needs to be updated for your h>
volumes:
- /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro
- /home/pi/frigate/config.yml:/config/config.yml:ro
- /home/pi/frigate:/media/frigate
- type: tmpfs # Optional: 1GB of memory, reduces SSD/SD Card wear
target: /tmp/cache
tmpfs:
size: 1000000000
ports:
- “5000:5000”
- “1935:1935” # RTMP feeds
environment:
FRIGATE_RTSP_PASSWORD: “password” but I don’t know what for

then

cd config/
nano docker-compose.yml

host: 192.168.4.208
topic_prefix: frigate
client_id: frigate
user: mqtt_user
password: password for mqtt

detectors:
coral:
type: edgetpu
device: usb

cameras:
back:
ffmpeg:
inputs:
- path: rtsp://pass:word@ipnumber/h264/ch1/main/av_stream
roles:
- detect
- rtmp

this is my full config in docker

and this is my config on home assistant yellow

host: 192.168.4.208
topic_prefix: frigate
client_id: frigate
user: mqtt_user
password: password for mqtt

detectors:
coral:
type: edgetpu
device: usb

cameras:
back:
ffmpeg:
inputs:
- path: rtsp://admin:password@ipnumber/h264/ch1/main/av_stream
roles:
- detect
- rtmp

Look this is really frustrating,

• despite being told how to do it properly you don’t post your yaml properly

• despite it being clearly set out in the frigate docs, you haven’t even heard of frigate proxy, which means you haven’t actually read the docs. Installation | Frigate

have been through the docs many times , only got a working system from watching a few videos,
sorry if I appear stupid compared to you but I just don’t understand how this works?

you asked for my yml I gave you my yml from both docker and home assistant? why have I upset you?

GNU nano 5.4 docker-compose.yml *
image: blakeblackshear/frigate:stable
shm_size: “64mb” # update for your cameras based on calculation above
devices:

• /dev/bus/usb:/dev/bus/usb # passes the USB Coral, needs to be modified >
  • /dev/apex_0:/dev/apex_0 # passes a PCIe Coral, follow driver instructio>
  • /dev/dri/renderD128 # for intel hwaccel, needs to be updated for your h>
    volumes:
  • /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro
  • /home/pi/frigate/config.yml:/config/config.yml:ro
  • /home/pi/frigate:/media/frigate
  • type: tmpfs # Optional: 1GB of memory, reduces SSD/SD Card wear
    target: /tmp/cache
    tmpfs:
    size: 1000000000
    ports:
  • “5000:5000”
  • “1935:1935” # RTMP feeds
    environment:
    FRIGATE_RTSP_PASSWORD:

is this not yml? have you read the problems I had with install? do you understand I wrote every step I took so far?

I have edited out my passwords and ip address for cameras as I still am unsure of secrets, this is the only difference in my frigate.yml that has been changed, I had a much more complicated yml setup on my pi4 but simplified it to try and get things working.
I run Hubitat as my main hub at home and think it’s amazing, I have some great automations set up it is almost perfect. I want home assistant to run along side to get things into the system I wouldn’t be able to do without it. Plus the voice notifications with Hubitat always stop the music and I want to get my sonos speakers to carry out a notification without stopping the music all the time, so I need home assistant for this. Plus I need frigate as its definitely the best thing you can get for camera security
I am not the best at technical stuff but have been doing well on other platforms with a little help to get me understanding.
I am fairly new to the home assistant community, as on the other one or 2 attempts to communicate I always get unhelpful comments if any at all. I would like to think there is help out there to bring new people in and I know the Hubitat community has been amazingly helpful and friendly and got my house fully automated from a morning weather alert to a robot vacuum that can close itself in a cubourd

I mentioned it at the start, but please use code formatting

When you just vomit the text into a post without markup we can’t see whether you’ve done anything correctly or not.

There’s no need to reboot, all you need to do is issue docker compose up -d.

I have installed frigate proxy, still not sure what to do next?

I Had already done this its running, I used the command too and it says it’s already up to date and won’t rebuild? the frigate add-ons our not running in home assistant tho I will try again with it running

logs from frigate proxy

tried it on the config file but that don’t want to load up? is it meant too?

am I supposed to use this somewhere?

database:
path: /db/frigate.db

what’s this meant to mean?

When running Home Assistant with the Supervised install method, you can get the benefit of running the Addon along with the ability to customize the storage used by Frigate.

In order to customize the storage location for Frigate, simply use fstab to mount the drive you want at /usr/share/hassio/media. Here is an example fstab entry:

UUID=1a65fec6-c25f-404a-b3d2-1f2fcf6095c8 /media/data ext4 defaults 0 0

/media/data/homeassistant/media /usr/share/hassio/media none bind 0 0

by the looks of this I no longer need a frigate.yml in home assistant?

1. Navigate to Supervisor > Add-on Store > Repositories
  2. Add GitHub - blakeblackshear/frigate-hass-addons: Frigate hass.io addons
  3. Install your desired Frigate NVR Addon and navigate to it’s page
  4. Setup your network configuration in the Configuration tab
  5. (not for proxy addon) Create the file frigate.yml in your config directory with your detailed Frigate configuration
  6. Start the addon container
  7. (not for proxy addon) If you are using hardware acceleration for ffmpeg, you may need to disable “Protection mode”

as from last experiences the home assistant crowd would rather put someone down for lack of knowledge rather then point them in the right direction.
I have just copied and pasted my code and yaml likes it so I don’t what wrong with it for you?

I found this guide that takes time to get things done thank you for you help

Please … don’t share images of text

If you can’t work out how to use code markup then use a code share site like https://dpaste.org/ instead.

One last time… use code markup

The problem is that you’re not paying any attention to what we ask, making it impossible to help you.

YAML is all about how things are indented, when you just drop it into the text here we can’t tell that
this:
yaml: here
is actually

this:
  yaml: here

For posting code in the forum @Tinkerer pointed to the right direction in his first post in this thread. I’ll point to it again. How to help us help you - or How to ask a good question

Now responding to this, Home assistant yellow and docker compose frigate - #21 by Richfa, it looks like frigate.local is not resolving. Try the pi’s ip addess in the config of the frigate proxy addon.

Thank you, going to start a fresh build tonight, I still have much more to learn then I originally thought.
Even now I will have to put information into this from several different sources to try and get this working
I will start by getting docker and docker compose running fresh, then take it step by step using

https://hub.docker.com/_/eclipse-mosquitto
and use this to get the broker working as it seems to work better at the start

Still struggling with getting frigate in docker to work by itself, I am going to try a workaround as I know I can get it working as a add on in HA
My workaround is to try installing the full version of HA in docker with the config file for frigate either the mqtt in config in docker HA pointing to my main instance of Ha
Do you think this will work in may be easier and more what I am used to hopefully

Not sure if you already solved this by yourself, but otherwise the following YT video maybe helps you:

Or the following blog post:

1 Like