Home Assistant Yellow died on installation

I had ordered a Home Assistant Yellow including CM 4 a while ago, and finally it came.
I started the software installation process according to the documentation, but then the device died on step and all LEDs stopped working.
Now when pluging the device in (network cable and power cable), absolutely nothing happens. No lights, nothing on the network.
I contacted raspberrypi.dk, where I bought it, a week ago, but they are a complete no-show on support or RMA.
I already looked at the alignment of the CM4, as this is the only thing mentioned in teh FAQ for a dead Home Assistant Yellow, but it is aligned, and how should it become misaligned by installing the software.
Is there anything else I can try to check before giving up on the brick and leave the RMA process to the european authorities?

Have you also tried with another power supply (or tested the output power on the PS supplied with the Yellow)?

1 Like

Ah, yes, good point. The power supply died. I tried with another one (which is specified at 1.5 A output, so I probably should get one with 2 A).
Never thought of the power supply. I never had that kind of power supply die on me.
Thanks for the hint!

1 Like

Feel free to mark the thread as solved @Lanius and might update the headline too - the Yellow survived luckily :wink:

1 Like