Home Assistant Z-Wave Network Viewer (using Docker)

OZW (beta) is yet not supported, will work on that soon

Nope, I’m using standard, old fashioned HA native Zwave ingration…

Ah… so that’s why its black… I was so hopefull…

Can you please post the JSON for debug and screenshot to understand the issue,
In addition please check the browser’s console for errors

@bar, I’d not call it issue! This is rather feature request! :slight_smile:
So to understand my theming issue here are 2 screenshots; the first one shows legacy plugin (modified by me to support theming and with theme applied to match the rest of my UI):

The screenshot below shows how your add-on is presented under the same theme:

As you can see the most obvious mismatch is background color, then top bar color. Colors of icons (e.g. Hub, Hop 1…)… I’d love to have them matching my preferences, but it is really secondary.

Regarding JSON files… this is interesting… I hit the JSON icon in the top tight corner of add-on page and it is opening new window with url http://192.168.52.53:8123/zwave.json, but the pade contains only error message 404: Not Found. Is the url correct? It links to proper IP, but port refers to main instance of HA… I tried also to use 6123, but unfortunatelly with the same result.

This was surprisingly easy to build an add-on for. Maybe it’s because I just spent a good chunk of the day before working on one for the new Z-Wave Gateway… :slight_smile:

I posted an update to it yesterday evening, you can now add it to the sidebar.

Interesting, so that’s an issue with the way the tool not being aware that it is running as an add-on. If you change the port to 6123 instead of 8123 you’ll get the JSON file. I added this as a known issue to the readme file in github.

I need to read a bit more of the add-on docs and see if there’s a way around that. Otherwise I will have to disable the sidebar (ingress) support in the add-on.

Hm… interesting… I tried today to get json files witch changed port and it works fine (e.g. manually changing 8123 to 6123). Yesterday i tried this trick and it did not worked :open_mouth: I think this might be because of me trying to get these files shortly after restart, so perhaps the network was not yet fully rebuild and files were not generated yet?
regarding disabling ingress - it is working perfectly fine for add-on, no issues, ao no need to disable it. The only problem is with getting the json files, which is usually not needed if everything works fine, only for debugging. Perhaps would be easier to change the underlying link to always use port configured for add-on instead of one of HA?
I did try to add the nodes.json file, as requested by @bar, but it too large to adeed to post. Is it still needed? if so I’ll find some repo to put it there…

I understand the issue with the internal port, maybe it should be external configuration of base url that anyone can override it while creating the docker (env. variable)…

As for the nodes.json, didn’t meant for you, accidentally replied to you,
@sender is it working for you?

Thanks

@bar, no but I have the beta addon and this viewer is not supposed (yet) to work with that?

There should be a way to allow this to work with ingress and still pass that URL through properly. I may have to look at the source for that part of HA though, as the docs are rather terse.

Finally began working on OZW,
hopefully tomorrow I will share once the new release will be available

1 Like

New release with support both ZWave and OZW integrations

when trying to add:

into the repos i got:
Not a valid add-on repository

@sjthespian, can you please check why the addon is not working?
before posting the new release I’ve checked and docker version is working.

thanks

I’ve installed successfully and it starts but when i go to open the UI i get an 502 error Bad Gateway.

When reviewing the log I get this:

[21:28:35] INFO: Start HA Z-Wave Network Viewer
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "webserver.py", line 3, in <module>
    from Managers.data_manager import HAZWaveManager
  File "/Managers/data_manager.py", line 12, in <module>
    import asyncws
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'asyncws'

Which version are you using? Docker / Addon?

i have the same problem. I’m using the addon version with OpenZwave addon.

I am using the addon version