Home Energy Management in 2021.8

Thanks Alessandro, but this is exactly my default energy panel:

Don’t know why isn’t as all others I’ve seen…

show me your energy config panel…under configuration->energy.

In your energy flow diagram, I noticed you’re missing export to grid flow.

Do you have the other 2 sections under the graph?

Good morning Alex, I don’t have grid export as I’ve an off grid 5,5 kwh hybrid inverter with battery pack (7,2 kwh) and don’t export energy to the grid; I’ve made further investigations and found that, as my energy sensor are template calculated, based on two ShellyEM energy meter data (HA doesn’t have an integration for my SmartESS app and datalogger) energy panel can’t put all data in gauges and energy usage graph.
Thanks again for your kindly support.
Massimo

That’s why you don’t see the gauge, because you don’t feed exported energy data. I still don’t understand why you use template sensors for Shelly EM, unless you’re not using the official integration obviously, which I highly recommend you to do, works much better.

HA doesn’t have integration for my datalogger, but I managed to find a way (through node-red) to read the data. How does this datalogger export data? socket connection? http? there sure is a way to pull data out of it…

Anyway, if you don’t export energy, doesn’t make sense to see the autoconsumption gauge, since all your produced energy is used for home consumption.

Hi Alex, I do indeed use Shelly official integration, but for the solar production, as I havent’ found a method to read data from inverter’s ethernet port (it uses an app, SmartESS, to monitor the data with a wifi datalogger but the Api isn’t public available I think) I’ve create a template sensor to calculate, based on the data from 2 ShellyEM (energy consumed by home minus energy from the grid); so make sense the gauges didn’t appear, thanks for your time.
Massimo

Ciao Massimo,

You could use a Shelly EM (or Shelly 3EM) on the production to monitor production and export. My datalogger was not provided with the inverter, I installed it afterwards, and it monitors everything with 6 clamps (I have a three-phase system), 3 clamps on the production and three on the house to monitor consumption, so I have ALL values I need. You can do the same, and if it’s monophase it’s even easier.

Hi Alessandro, my inverter production cable (where I put the second clamp of ShellyEM) is infact a mix of grid, battery and solar panel (it’s an hybrid inverter) and goes directly to house, so I cant’ have solar production only, and for that reason I’ve a template sensor. The other ShellyEM clamp measure the grid input, I’ve had no other ways to calculate the solar production, apart datalogger data that I’ve only on the App SmartESS and don’t really know how import in HA…
Here’s a scheme:

There should be a cable for production, one that goes to battery, then the one that goes to the house for consumption, correct? If you have a high-level schema let me see it. With Shelly 3EM or a couple of Shelly EMs you should be able to monitor everything.

Do you have info about this SmartESS logger? Link, etc. maybe there is a way to interface it…

See schema above, for “production” you mean PV input (solar panel)? It’s measurable with ShellyEM clamp?

SmartESS it’s only the App, the datalogger is a generic “Wi-fi Plug Pro” I don’t have further indications, connected to inverter’s RJ45 port

I mean this (see labels in blue):

Clamps can measure up to 120A each.

The app is on the mobile or via PC through http? So the inverter has an ethernet port, what inverter is it? Does it support modbus? sunspec maybe?

If you provide the inverter’s exact model we can check what’s available…

Many thanks Alex, glad to know I can measure directly PV input! The app is a mobile app; the inverter is branded with various label, PowMr, Lincoiah, is the one below:
inverter 2
The inverter has usb port also.
PowMr (Ysolartech) web site: PowMr 3500W Solar Inverter 24V 220VAC MPPT 100A WIFI Monitor

no info/project on github about this kind of inverter, sorry.

data is only available through the mobile app or you can access via browser (http)?

if I was you, I’d send ypowertech an email and ask the data format and how you can access it via USB/RS-232 (the RJ-45 is a serial connection, it has no ethernet port). Ask them if they support ModBus-SunSpec or any kind of standardized format.

regarding the measurement with Shelly EM of PV production: it has to be AC…don’t think it works with DC.

Thanks again, I’ll try to contact the producer; as i suspected production cable works in DC, so ShellyEM can’t measure it.
Regards,
Massimo

Hi I read the whole post, but still i got no entry in energy.

What i did til now:
I have a node red measurement
In Developer Tools I see:

So far it looks good, I think.

But in Energy it is not listed.

Whats wrong?

If the sensor value always increases and never resets, you should use state_class: total without last_reset.

If the sensor value always increases and might reset to zero, you should use state_class: total_increasing without last_reset.

This is from HA dev docs:

Having said that, the sensor should’ve appeared in the list. So now check in devtools->statistics tab if the sensor appears and what’s the identifies issue, and maybe try hitting the fix issue if it does.

This is one of my energy sensors, created via NodeRed:

Let me know…

OMG,

i did something wrong.

In statistics was nothing, than i remembered that i had an entry in my configuration.yaml:

recorder:
  purge_keep_days: 3650
  purge_interval: 1
  include:
    entities:

Now i added my entity, and every thing is ok.

Glad you solved it…:slight_smile:

You always need to check attributes first, then check that you are not filtering the entity or having problems with the sensor, and you can see both of these things in the statistics tab: there was no entity, so you were not recording it. Sometimes there’s a problem with the entity (unit of measurement) and you can fix it there too.

Hi Allessandro,

Have you found a solution for your problem ? I’m trying to get my innr wallplugs in the energy consumption grid, but I also need to change stace_class to measurement instead of energy & power

Kr,

Bart

Hi,

Which problem? I don’t have issues regarding energy integration.

I don’t understand: what are the attributes of the innr plug attributes right now? I assume your problem is that the plugs don’t appear in the energy integration lists, correct?