Home (Monitor) Presence App V2

Done.

Thank you for considering this enhancement.

I tied to add this a custom repository: Repostitory structure for master is not compliant

I thought I had asked this before, but I canā€™t find the original post. My apologies if Iā€™m starting a new threadā€¦

Iā€™ve got four rPi zeros in my house, all running the monitor script. Iā€™m using the AppDaemon app on my rPi-based Home Assistant install.

Every couple of days, the known_static_addresses file on each rPi zero gets emptied of any MAC addresses. The header (showing the file format) is still there, but the data is missing. I posted this a while back, and I seem to be one of two people with this problem. I tried some work-arounds, like setting the known_static_address file as read-only (that didnā€™t help), changing the owner of the file, and creating a cron job to replace the file with a backup. Apparently, Iā€™m not cron-wise because that didnā€™t work either.

Iā€™d love to get this working! For the past several months, Iā€™ve had to go in every couple of days and copy the backup file. Is there a setting Iā€™m missing somewhere? (Or can one be added?)

It appears that I needed to reconfigure MQTT on my HA. I logged into one of the PiZero devices, and ran:

sudo monitor.sh -v

Then watched as I issued a mqtt command to add a device:

topic: monitor/setup/ADD STATIC DEVICE
payload: xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx alias

I noticed that the PiZero didnā€™t seem to catch the MQTT message. So, I clicked on ā€œRe-configure MQTTā€ on the integration page and submitted the data (no changes). Afterwards, it caught the command.

Hopefully, this will solve my issue.

After reading this thread twice, this was the missing information?
I installed everything through HAC and I just couldnt get it workingā€¦
How to point to the ā€œhome_precence_app.yamlā€ in the apps.yaml?

Donā€™t get me wrong everything works when you delete the "home_presence_app.yaml and moved the configuration to the apps.yaml (Running Hassio everything installed from the UI on HA server itself)

I also tried to do aā€¦
appdaemon:
app_dir: /config/appdaemon/apps/

What is the correct way to do this?

Thanks to @andrewjfreyer and @Odianosen25 for great work. Iā€™m finally getting reliable on/off automation for my home security cams.

@Odianosen25: Is it possible to define which known devices belong to group controlling binary sensors everyone_home, everyone_not_home and somebody_is_home? I would like to have binary sensors for some devices which usually stay at home but sometimes may leave home, but I would like NOT to include those to the group controlling overall family presence. I can create separate group in Home Assistant for family presence, but then I lose the benefit of running only ARRIVE or DEPART scan when whole family is at home or not at home.

I was runnig home presence app for a month now, and I just noticed that my RPI0 is not restarted when offline. I can see message in log:

WARNING home_presence_app: Node at Rpi0W Delavnica is Offline, will need to be checked

And I have set up to restart if offline:

remote_monitors:
disable: False
delavnica:
auto_reboot_when_offline: True
host: !secret delavnica_monitor_host
username: !secret delavnica_monitor_username
password: !secret delavnica_monitor_password
reboot_command: sudo /sbin/reboot now

What am I missing?
Requirement.txt it is in the

/config/appdaemon/apps/Monitor-App/requirements.txt
there is only one line with paramiko word inside

Anyone any idea?
Thanks in advance

HI. Iā€™m using the add on since about a month, and notice that it overload my CPU constantly.
Iā€™m running on an Intel NUC.
Is anyone experience the same issue.
Anyway itā€™s working like a charm but I would reduce my cpu load. If you have some advice.
Thxs

Not overly directed at the app itself but does this solution provide the ability to provide a room presence?
Say user X walks into the lounge itā€™ll detect them quick enough that say streaming music could follow them around? or appropriate lighting be set?

Iā€™m not really after who or is someone in the house because this can easily be done in my scenario with Wi-Fi presence etc but more who is where in the house.

Hi,

Iā€™m sorry as Iā€™m sure this has been asked already but what would be the optimal arguments for a single node that is placed at the front door and a contact sensor
at the front door being the only gateway sensor. We only ever leave/enter through the front door.

Thanks

Are people still using this or is there a better solution that people use? I noticed there havenā€™t been many updates :slight_smile: