HomeAssistant about page

I’m new to home assistant, started quickly and have it running on old gear I had laying around (RPi3B). Now I’ve decided to build a more permanent solution I want to know more about what is currently running.

I was expecting the system → about page to tell me more about the HomeAssistant version but more importantly (for me at least) the underlying operating system.
Is this system running hassio, is it containerised, what hardware etc?
How about a link to a benchmark tool - I don’t want to migrate from dedicated (but old) hardware to a VM to find it is slower.

When browsing the forums there is a lot of discussion over the platforms / hosts etc and I don’t know what is relevant to my current and future setup.

Home Assistant 2023.7.1
Supervisor 2023.07.1
Operating System 10.3
Frontend 20230705.1 - latest

is a little terse.

The underlying operating system is Home Assistant Operating System (HAOS) version 10.3.

Built using buildroot and full details of how it is built on github GitHub - home-assistant/operating-system: 🔰 Home Assistant Operating System

That’s about as far as I got.

But then I see a lot of mention of hassio - where does that fit in.
Does haos run in docker?
Does haos run in virtual machine manager?

I found this old thread - Hass Vs hass.io Vs hassOS - #14 by crillux which tries to explain things. Is it still current though?

regards

Haos uses docker to run basically everything. Home assistant core, supervisor etc are all docker containers.

Haos can run on baremetal or in a vm (proxmox is quite popular). Run docker ps to see 'em all.

Hassio is no longer a system as such, but its name persists in some code.