HomeDash for Android 0.4 - Dashboard Browser with Sensors

Glad you figured that one out. I keep bugging him about removing these hard coded things :slight_smile: would make life easier even without Docker

I have the REST API support in there, and the framework of supporting the full ‘Common’ Wallpanel API. Just need to clean all of that up. After that’s all done it’s full on just worrying about features. Silly foundation work :slight_smile:

Hopefully should be seeing 0.5 by/during this weekend. Want to slip in the zoom parameter still…

Thinking webcam will be a target for 0.6

1 Like

It could just be me overlooking something but I looked for a setting to use CrossWalk and I don’t see it. On my Android 7.x phone I see a Developer option to change the WebView implementation but it’s only between the 2 versions of Chrome I have installed on the phone (Beta and Stable). My understanding is that starting with Android 7 Chrome is taking over the WebView duties so it makes sense to only have those 2 options to choose from. I’m not sure where to find a WebView toggle option in 5.x. If you have any ideas I would be grateful.

To muddy the waters even more I browsed to the HASS Demo page on the tablet and it rendered fine. Granted the demo looks like it’s running HASS 0.26 so things could have changed a bunch between then and 0.42

Is there an idea to turn off the display and just turn it on when the camera detects motion? Even implementing a “screensaver” which just loads a webpage aka picture frame for higher WAF :wink:

This is already built in to the app. Use motion detection settings from app to wake the tablet from sleep / daydream mode. Use your android system settings to control sleep / daydream etc settings - picture frame options are generally baked into android screensaver under display settings I think but there are also many 3rd party apps available.

1 Like

@BarryHampants: Great! Thanks :slight_smile:

The setting is in the app, not the Android device. “Specify Browser Engine”

Ok don’t kill me but I just noticed that I had somehow installed the 0.2 apk last week which would explain why i didn’t see that setting :grin: On 0.4 now and HA renders when using Crosswalk.

1 Like

Nice. I don’t expect I fixed anything else along the way that would make the native browser work better. You get WebView, or do your own… so yah if the WebView (native) mode doesn’t work I dont know there’s much I can do about it… and it’s a different mechanism than if you have Chrome installed as its own app.

But yah, Crosswalk is a pretty recent Chromium browser so, whatever… it works, and gets 4.x people happy. And its possible people will be using dashboards that dont call on features that matter for them anyhow. So, choices!

(btw, yah, HASS had very significant architectural changes between that demo and now)

awesome work dude… is it planned having more sensors or functions? cam would be nice in add those cam directly to dashboard. And how can i debug the app… i installed the debug app version :slight_smile:

What kind of sensors are you looking for? Right now I’ve just inherited what the original author had. Feel free to open enhancement issues on the Github too, so they can be considered/tracked

The debug build outputs more information that you can see when plugged into a computer and using adb. Generally I’d just go that route if we are trying to figure out a problem, but would recommend release for people

Pre-announcement… 0.5 is out :slight_smile:

2 Likes

After experimenting with experimental zoom level and then going back to 100% it doesn’t seem to render properly (Android 4.4.4 Nexus 7 2012) . Setting a different home URL, opening and then reverting the URL seems to fix it.

100% seems to become 105% and the dash hangs past the edge of screen.

Keep screen on setting now accepts OFF and sticks too so that seems to be fixed.

Yeah that setting definitely isn’t quite right yet, just ran out of time to make it useful. Need to take some time to understand it a little better :slight_smile:

Well simply cycling the URL seems to release the error so not much impact to worry about and I wouldn’t have even touched it if my interest wasn’t piqued by the word experimental.

In the other version of zoom (images I posted previously) it is only the fonts that get enlarged, not the whole page. I just tried setting my fonts to huge under android system settings but it doesn’t seem to apply to the app. I expect this is something relatively easy to set up if needed in HaDash anyway.

Thanks again for your work on this - my needs were covered a few versions ago so the rest is just gravy.

1 Like

Experimental is a funny word isn’t it, attracts certain types :slight_smile:

Moving to 0.5 thread

Is this project still alive? have you guys found another option?

It has been resurrected here:

Which version will work with tablets with Android 4.0.4 ?