HomeHabit Dashboard - Original thread

Noticed below:

How to get it?

Yeah, after I saw your post I went back and found it and requested an invite. I’ll keep you posted here.

No problem, I spoke with Igor today and he told me the integration for HASS should be out within the next couple months. Wish it was sooner but somethings are worth the wait.

I want to thank everyone for the interest and officially confirm that HASS support will be available as soon as the new beta is released. Official statement is here.
If you wish to be in the loop, please join the G+ community - all announcements and updates will be posted there.

robert, just to curious, what advantage do you see here over HAdashboard?

I don’t really know if there is any advantage having nothing to compare yet. But I believe the ability to configure the screens visually, dragging and dropping and moving around, would be of great interest. I find - even as an old school HTML guy - that layouts in HAdashoard are always trial and error for me. I even took the step of commenting the code in my .erb files to indicate pages and rows and it still causes me frustration.

That would be one of the major advantages with an Android App based approach.

ah, oke thx.

thats part of the reason why i am adding feutures to HAdashboard like halink.
pages are now just 1 page.
next thing i will try is to make seperate files for widgets. and moving them around in the ui is already possible.

i thought i missed something in this dashboard. :wink:
for me it would be a bit to much to spend over a 100 bucks for it.

$100!
Anything over $10 I would have to really think about and justify.

@rpitera If you drag and drop the widgets in HAdashboard it gives the option to save - but I haven’t used it yet. I usually have the dashboard opened in a browser window next to the code editor - besides a simple refresh after a save to see changes as I make them I just count the Xs and Ys as I place and size each widget.

Just to clarify, the price in the announcement is $10-15 per device, so actual cost would depend on the usage.

Thanks @igorz, that I would consider - I thought I must have missed something. I’m signed up on the G+ page and will certainly try it out when a beta becomes available.

i am sorry if i have disturbed anything i didnt want.
but if i want to commit to something like this i talk about 10 devices or more.
so i want to know the advantage i get against something that is already there for free.
and because i communicate with robert a little more, i thought about asking him why he would consider.

i guess i am to cheap, to pay such prices. but hey i am spending a lot more hours on it, so in the end i pay a lot more;)

but only if they can deliver what they promise and when they can keep up whith the HA development!!
and i doubt that.
to keep up with ha you have to invest quite a few bucks, and in the first few years you wont get the payback.

Ahh - I understand now, probably just timing as I saw an app advertised a few days ago that had been supposedly reduced from $700. Once again I have misunderstood something I read, not your fault at all @ReneTode, I made the leap all by myself.

If I wasn’t cheap too I probably wouldn’t have tried HASS (free!) to begin with, as a non programmer it looked pretty daunting and way beyond me. I now spend a lot of hours on it but I see it more as entertainment in a way, I’ve really enjoyed learning how to do this stuff and it’s made me want to pursue programming further.

That said I’d be wanting some sort of family style licence for any more than three devices if I were to go this route. HAdashboard and a couple of dots is working great for me.

@igorz I have no problem in paying for the app but with 6 tablets and 3 phones this will add up quite fast for me.

You could then argue; don’t install it on all devices. But that limits the usage/convenience dramatically as you will have devices that have/don’t have the app.

I would suggest some kind of family/unlimited license model.

Any update on this?

@Jer78 Not just yet, new version is still in development. Updates are posted periodically but I don’t have concrete release date yet. Please follow G+ community, updates are posted there first.

I’ve been following it, but it’s mostly been people asking questions about other versions. Kind of disappointing when I keep hoping to get the alpha/beta release info; I get all excited when I see a notification and then a let down. LOL

Awesome! Please bring this to the public!!! =D

This looks awesome, looking forward to more development on this!

I would pay for something like this, honestly. And 10-15$ is not that much in my opinion.

@igorz hi Igor, do you know when this will be available for Hass?