Homekit Controller Koogeek "This accessory is already paired to another device"

I am trying to use HomeKit Controller to add my Koogeek Smart Plugs and Smart Outlet in Hass.io. I have added

discovery:
enable:
- homekit

to the configuration.yaml and all Koogeek smart plugs show up in the dashboard. They are already paired with HomeKit (I have understood that should be done first but also tried to ta pair first and then they did not show up).

I get the message “This accessory is already paired to another device.” when typing the HomeKit code that is printed on the smart plug.

What am I doing wrong? Thankful for any help and I an running the latest release.

I haven’t gone all the way through this yet since I’m having a different problem with HomeKit Controller, but as I understand it each HomeKit accessory can only be paired with one HomeKit controller. You’ll need to un-pair your plug from your HomeKit setup and pair it to the HomeKit controller in HA. Try the following:

• Reset your switch (usually by holding down the button for several seconds)
  • Connect your switch to Wifi without pairing to HomeKit. On my Koogeek light strip I did this by going to Settings > Wifi, and chose it under the “set up a device” section.
  • Then try configuring it from the Configurator screen in Home Assistant.

yeah, let us know if you are able to get this working (all the way to actually seeing the entity in HA) because after trying EVERYTHING I could think of and everything suggested, I never was able to successfully add a HK device in HA… (Koogeek P2 plug, ihome outside plug, Leviton smart switch, etc…) In my mind, until proven otherwise, this HA component doesn’t work…
I’m still hopeful I’m the one doing somthing wrong so I keep faith lol

Hi, I have tested on only one Koogeek. I did a reset and just added it to the network, not homekit. In Hass.io I try to configure and now I do not get the message about already paired. Instead I get a message “failed to call service configurator/configure”. I also found a post about that something has changed in version about 0.79 or so regarding timeout time to 5 seconds. And found a file I could import in a custom library and changed to 60 seconds but nothing helps. The message comes way before 60 seconds so I am not sure I even get there. But since I got the message earlier with a code that exists that must men that I do get outbound to the service.

I had the same problem. Already paired error. Found the solution though and it has nothing to do with already paired. The pairing key needs to be put in including the dashes. Solution found in this thread: Trouble adding an iHome smart plug previously paired to HomeKit