HomeKit doesn't save device room assignment

Fix would be nice, I reboot my HA many times for development purposes I lose the location of the device in HomeKit.

Soon 4 years will have passed and we still don’t have a proper solution for this annoying issue. I assume there is no real interest fixing this, in the hope that frustrated people who primarily use HomeKit as their UI will eventually give up and move to Lovelace. I use HA because it has all integrations I need. I want to keep using HomeKit as the easy to use UI for most things. It seems the HomeKit integration is getting worse, not better. Now the exclude/included devices no longer appear to be persistent either and have to be reconfigured via the integration UI every time. Can someone please give this important integration some TLC?

Same Problem here….pls fix the issue!!!

It“s not only a UI problem … speaking with homekit - turn off lights in the kitchen - does also not works… because the devices in the kitchen lost in the room …

same problem here

+1 : very ennoying, i spend my time renaming and reassigning devices in rooms again and again, very sad