Homekit full Fan Control (Speed, Oscillation, etc.)?

Support for full Homekit Fan control (not just on/off). Are there any plans to include the other components like Speed, Oscillation, etc.? I have a ceiling fan that I’l like to be able to control the speed through Homekit, but it appears that currently isn’t available for the HASSIO Homekit module? I can control the Fan speed through HASSIO with no issue. Also, it appears that homebridge has this capability, but it doesn’t work for native Homekit in HASSIO.
Thanks!

I just noticed this as well (installed a fan controller the other day). Speed is the one thing I’d like to control via HomeKit.

I was able to work around this by using Homebridge plugin and setting devices to only Fan. That allows my fans to be controlled via Homebridge and everything else via native hassio HomeKit. It’s not ideal but it works. My feeling is Homebridge seems more refined than the native hassio HomeKit integration. I’m able to to include my cameras under Homebridge, but that isn’t available yet under hassio HomeKit.

I have no idea why speed would be left out. The homebridge plugin still works but only in legacy api mode.

Another vote for speed control. I’m trying to add it myself but I’m a python newbie so no guarantees. :wink: Hopefully someone else can add it… seems pretty straight forward.

Edit: So I’ve got it working, but still needs to be reviewed/tweaked I’m sure. Made a post about it in the Development section here:

1 Like