Homekit Infused 5 (HKI) v2023.1.3

Anyone else getting this error when trying to add customizer repo?
Fri Jan 24 2020 02:00:59 GMT+0200 (Eastern European Standard Time) Validation for andrey-git/home-assistant-customizer failed.

Are you trying to import it with HACS? If you do, then donā€™t. Just copy the files from the repo to your own custom_components folder.

Just a random thing I noticedā€¦ the browser_mod settings for pop-up templates do not have:

deviceID:
  - this

which causes whatever pop-up you click on to open on any devices that currently have HA openā€¦ which in my cause is an un-desired result.

Could you please point out which templates? That would be pretty helpful.

From what I can tell, any template that has the word popup in itā€¦

Could you please show me one?

because to my knowledge they all should have one. It might be that I forgot one though.

Edit: note that the popup templates are the cards that are shown in the popup, and that they do not have the actual service-call to call the browser popup. Those are situated within button-card templates and they should (if Iā€™m not wrong though) all contain these lines.

Ok, then let me recheck, I fixed that first one I found (im not that far into my setup to check all the different popups) so I guess I shouldnā€™t have generalized it that much because it may not be having the same reaction.

But, in quickly checking now, whatever popup is being called when you click the top two buttons on the vacuum page is currently still doing it, but itā€™s global settings I canā€™t figure out what template itā€™s calling at the momentā€¦ if I have my phone and laptop both open to HA and click the info button it opens on both.

Ah, yes, I see it now :stuck_out_tongue: funny thing is: it doesnā€™t do it when single tapped, it does do it when used with a hold_action. Seems I forgot to add it to the tap_action (try hold_action for fun and see what that does plz).

Thank you for the feedback, I will fix that!

hold action does NOT do it for me but tap action does?? weird, I thought I was going nuts when I couldnā€™t find it missing from any when I knew I had added it to one or two already.

The file you are looking for is this one https://github.com/jimz011/homeassistant/blob/592791d66985f4b3847ed4faf97986b1d2502084/lovelace/templates/button_vacuum_popup.yaml

So if it does it for you while tapping but not while holding there is something really crazy going on :stuck_out_tongue:

In any case, I have found the lines where it is missing so I will add that. I have a bunch of other fixes coming up very soon. Once again thanks for the feedback.

In regards to the heavy load on showing the gui. I have a dashboard running on a rpi3, itā€™s only purpose is to show the gui on a screen. I found that the pi overheated if I had moving icons (like spinning fan icons in buttons or the weather card with the moving icons). Just something to look at, if that might have something to do with it.

Hi Jim,

because some entities I use donā€™t support toggle action, I wanted to change the action: toggle to action: more-info in the popup-device-counters template you use. But, nothing happens doing so. Would you know why?

secondly, clicking a notification in the same header in the second row (the swiper card) renders an error in the inspector (Safari):

must check what youā€™re doing in that button yet, but maybe you know immediately wants going on?

This would be the relevant bit in the button notification:

tap_action: none
hold_action: none

which says it al, but why would this error out?

btw this is what Chrome inspector says:

thanks!

HI Jim, @Bartem

this also happens on the button_header_badge.yaml

or is that already been spotted now?

Thank you for all your support.
Do you believe that you will have time to make a video how to install and configure your setup on clean Hassio installation?

You want the notifications to do something when you press on it? You might need to change the notification template and change action: none to a more-info action.

I disabled it on purpose as I want to address notifications more properly in the future.

Yes, I have already fixed all of this and also completely swapped out my fake header for CH. this is still in progress so I expect all the fixes and changes to be up soon.

I also had heating issues which I think are resolved now. Iā€™ll keep you informed.

I will eventually make a video yes, but first I will have to fix all the minor (and major stuff) before doing so. There were some major heating issues which I think I have resolved now, but I need further testing to be sure.

1 Like

Thank you! Looking for that video!!!

Any idea why the footer on certain pages gets this blue outline around it if tapping on areas without the buttons?? (occasionally shows up while scrolling and bumping the footer)
12 AM
It seems Front Page and Menu do NOT do it, but most of the other pages do, obviously not a huge deal, I was just hoping to keep it from happening.

I actually saw that problem for the first time last night. It was when I removed the deep_press mod for testing. Seems like it is selecting the element (or it looks like that). With the deep_press mod this is not apparent for me.

However it might just be CH related and could be a bug though.

@everyone else. Been working on the heating issues. Had the app open for 15 minutes without it heating up so lets hope it stays that way. When I select my other (previous themes) it will heat up immediately within a minute or so. I will investigate it some more but for now I suggest either running it themeless or for short periods at a time until I release the new theme. (Unfortunately it will only be the white version initially). Srry for the inconvenience.