Homekit Infused 5 (HKI) v2023.1.3

Well I live in Leeuwarden so that is a little bit to much distance… perhaps we can chat privately or exchange phone numbers via WhatsApp? If you don’t want that that’s fine of course!

That is indeed pretty far :stuck_out_tongue:
No problem, I have sent you a DM

That’s better English than most English! Thanks for this great work!

1 Like

Actually after listening again I thought it was even worse than what I imagined haha. But thanks anyways.

1 Like

Changes (04/07/2019):

• Removed custom_updater in favor of HACS. BREAKING CHANGE, Warning! Do not copy/paste this if you have used parts of my setup before, you can not! Read the instructions on how to install and configure HACS https://custom-components.github.io/hacs/installation/manual/ . You will need to do this yourself and this could take a little time figuring out all the stuff. You can remove custom_updater and ALL the custom-cards previously installed if you switch to HACS. Note that custom-updater will be deprecated at some time so switching to HACS is just a matter of time. Read carefully on how to install this, you will need a github account to use this. But don’t worry it is free and the instruction manual is pretty straight forward.
  • Moved the config files to a separate folder. It is now easier to manage the configuration files, just like lovelace.
  • Decluttered the notifications file, another 380 lines removed.
  • Added birthday sensor, frontend notification and automation
  • Minor fixes to the code
1 Like

Changes (05/07/2019):

• Reworked Climate Control panel (also changed this in the other view, better know as the main menu)
  • Added Energy Consumption to the setup
  • Minor fixes to the code which contained old elements no longer used (card-modder)
  • Updated github documentation

2 Likes

Hi Jim,

Tried your example for the temp cards, but somehow the styling isn’t as is should be:

does it take anything else besides the decluttering_templates and the decluttering-card to do so?

I think I have all installed, and obviously the entities are alright…
Or would I have to have a special theme for the card configs to work?

I use 2 blank button cards on the sides. Add this to your markdown card like this

- type: horizontal-stack
        cards:
          - type: 'custom:button-card'
            color_type: blank-card
            styles:
              card:
                - width: 10px 
          - type: yourmarkdowncardhere
          - type: 'custom:button-card'
            color_type: blank-card
            styles:
              card:
                - width: 10px 

Srry hard to type this on a phone haha. Anyways the reason I don’t have it in my setup is because my markdown card is transparent (so you don’t see it anyways).

Just apply the code above to your setup it will work :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

thanks, should do that also…yes, but I was referring to the style of the temp cards… sorry, should have said that.
(as you can see I changed the background to use a hard rgb color, don’t have the test theme installed)

card:
    type: 'custom:mini-graph-card'
    style: |
      ha-card {
        background: rgb(255, 251, 239);
        border-radius: 6px;
        color: gray;
        --paper-item-icon-color: black;
        font-weight: bold;
      }

seems not to work. Since I am not yet familiar with the notation, please let me ask what the | does? And how does this work on the card (or better, why doesn’t it do so in my card…)

Ah ok I see, actually I don’t know what it does. All I know is that it is needed or the styles wont work. You will need card-mod for this to work though (not card-modder). Do you have that installed? If not you have to do that first. If you prefer to use card-modder instead you could do it that way. But I believe card-modder is going to be deprecated in favor of card-mod.

yes, have them both…
will check if that is loaded correctly, since I dl’d it using HACS, but have stopped using that, and configured it manually now.
Don’t get an error though :wink:
thanks

Other than that I don’t see anything wrong with your code. So it should work. But honestly I had some troubles doing css on this card as some of the config is done on the card itself. It doesn’t accept the card-mod config but needs to be configured in the card (like font and header size). Pretty awkward.

ok will have a look, but anything I change in the card itself now doesn’t do anything ;-(

seems to be a multiline indicator, like the > in the Jinja templates
if I find anything, will let you know!

update

got it. was an erroneous extra - in front of the resource type that prevented the loading of the card-mod.
Surprisingly didn’t throw an error…

anyways:

now how to get these to follow the color-thresholds:

always a challenge ahead :wink:

For the thermostats I use nest. Is there away to get the thernmostat to change color when the fan is on and black when it’s not? For example for my living room themrostat it’s always blue whether or not its actually operating. I’d like it to behave like the nest app where it turns blue when its actually cooling as opposed to just staying blue because the thermostat is set to cool. I’ve messed with the hvac states but can’t get it to work properly. I’m on HA 0.92.2 if that makes a difference.

It works properly for my nuheat thermostats as the mode changes from idle to heat. For nest the operation mode always says cool if the thermostat is set to cool. However the sensor.living_room_thermostat_hvac_state does change properly but I can’t figure out how to get the card to use that sensor instead,

It depens if those states come from a single entity or from multiple. If it is from a single entity you will have to play with the hvac states, though if your thermostat supports an “off” mode you should create a button that does that like I have in my setup. The thermostat card itself does not support “off”. If you have multiple entities for your thermostat I am not entirely sure if it is possible what you want. It also depends on how the device is integrated in Home Assistant. With Tado integration for example it is not possible to change the color regardless if the state is set to “heat”.

Hhmm. I don’t want to turn the thermostat ‘off’ per say just want it to properly report the state it is currently in. In this pic are all the sensors and attributes available to me. It is using the mode cirlced in red while I want it to use the sensor circled in blue. If I turn off the thermostat it won’t cool when it’s supposed to.

Hm I don’t think it is possible with multiple entities as far as I know the only thing that is possible is to appoint a different temperature sensor to that card, but not multiple entities for heating and cooling. I might be wrong though.

If it is possible it should be documented here:

Just know that this repo hasn’t been updated in a long long time so do not expect any new features to come any time soon.

Figured it out…adding this did the trick

hvac: sensor.living_room_thermostat_hvac_state

1 Like

Ah that is cool, so it is possible to add multiple entities with different states to a single thermostat card. Well that might come in handy in the future thnx.

Ugh. I think I jumped the gun on this. It doesn’t work properly.