Homekit Infused 5 (HKI) v2023.1.3

Sorry for the late reply, but this is fairly easy. One block consists out of the following elements:

• vertical-stack
    • markdown card (which is the header)
    • horizontal-stack with 3 buttons
    • horizontal-stack with 3 buttons

Actually the horizontal stack has 5 buttons, the first and the last are blank buttons used to create the gap between the border of the screen and the buttons.

That makes perfect sense. Thank you very much.

This is really a nice lovelace layout you got for yourself. Right now im looking at it, and i cant seem to find your new blue background. Is this not uploaded to github yet?

Haha no, I havenā€™t uploaded any new backgrounds for a while. This is because not all backgrounds I use are without copyright. As I donā€™t want to infringe that I will leave wallpapers up to others to download themselves.

I am currently working on themes (finally haha) and I will try to include some nice wallpapers that do not infringe any copyright.

The setup is looking really good on phone. Do you think there will be a lot of modification of the code? Iā€™m trying to decide if I should start to adapt the or wait a bit.

I know you use iOS but if thereā€™s anybody with Android, the setup with conditional cards is not compatible with the back button.

Neither does ios support that, that is why I created a separate back button on each of those pages (the large home button on the top) basically there is no difference between android or ios. It will function exactly the same.

I have created the interface in such a way that it wonā€™t matter what kind of screen you are using. It will scale dynamically. So there is no difference if you use a 5ā€ phone or a 6.4ā€ phone. The same is true for desktops/tablets.

For now I can safely say that the design will not change a lot anymore. It will mostly be theming (and that will most certainly break my current css config). But other than that, I am not going to change much. Most design changes I did were over the past few months as I had to write it from the ground up.

I hope this helps and if you have any questions setting this up for yourself do not hesitate to ask.

Have you ever had the climate cards not render? Sometimes the climate card does not render for my (and very seldom the mini-graph cards) but when I refresh the page they usually load just fine.

I see these in the logs and not sure how to troubleshoot: frontend_latest/chunk.fcbe2811211a09dfc137.js:3247:234 TypeError: e.parentElement is null

Usually that sounds like a caching problem, but not sure.

It is not a cache issue. Itā€™s complaining about the parent element not being there. It makes sense and I think itā€™s cause of the conditional cards but I cannot figure out how to nail down where it is happening at. Figured I would see if you ran into it all.

Funny, I saw it on someones setup too yesterday (he basically copied my setup). Which makes me wonder why. I donā€™t believe they are conditional or anything of that sort (except for the buttons). Maybe it has to do something with the states of the buttons underneath the thermostat cards.

Weird thing is they work fine for my wife and me.

What is also weird is if I refresh the page with the conditional card for climate active then the thermostat always renders.

You know what you could try, as I use a state-switch in my setup as well, you could change the conditional button to be a state-switch. The config is slightly different, but will give you the same results. It might work.

Hi Jim. Your lovelace setup is really good and amazing on a phone. Like it!
From your git they are some missing files and naming error:

www\community should be www\community_plugin
www\community_plugin\lovelace-state-switch\state-switch.js is missing

Thank you again for sharing your hard work.

1 Like

True, this is because I want people to use HACS instead of getting the custom components from my git as this addon is far superior to anything that came before it. And no, www\community should be exactly that because that is what HACS use by default.

If you are not using HACS then you are absolutely right, the path would be wrong. But in this case it isnā€™t :P.

Anyways thanks for the input. The missing state-switch might be possible, but if you are using HACS it will be easy to add anyways. I have a link to the state-switch in the docs (where all the links to the addons are).

Hi Jim, that make sense and I understand now I am using your setup not in the best way.
Just made the change as you recommand.
Thank you again

Changes (20/07/2019)

Only minor changes in this update. Note: This update is mostly beneficial for iPhone users with 3d touch. If you do not have this there is no real need of updating, though you could if you want to be up-to-date ofcourse.

• Added 3d touch to the setup, this is done with this beautiful addon called deep-press, this with special thanks to @roflcoopter. You can install this via HACS or find the link below in the addons section of the docs. This will make iphone users with 3d touch really really happy. I am sure many of you iphone users struggle to get the hold_action going on any iphone and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnā€™t. Yes we might have learnt to work around this, but this is not the case for our spouses that donā€™t think it works great. This will not replace the hold action, but add a 3d touch action to the button as well. Now when you firmly press on a button (just like you would with 3d touch). The 3d touch action will start the hold_action (so if you have a more-info window on your hold_action, it would show exactly that). So no longer will you need to struggle with the hold action on iPhones that have 3d touch.
  • Minor fixes.
1 Like

Looks very nice. Tried to access the config on gitlab but was stopped at some login that stopped me. Have I missed any information on how to use your link?

It is on github, not gitlab. So that is weird. It should work:

Here is the link again: https://github.com/jimz011/homeassistant

Thanks. I found your excellent work on Github., so no problem there, IƤm EXTREMELY impressed by it by the way, donā€™t understand it all but Iā€™m learning a lot.

My question on gitlab was supposed to be directed to shauder (I may have made a mistake and commented the wrong message as Iā€™m quite new to this community board). Sorry.

No problem, if you have any questions you can always ask. If you are looking for a simpler way of coding you could look at one of my older repos on github. Though they are not the same quality as my current setup, but easier to understand. Most of my current setup is based of my older setups.