Homekit Infused 5 (HKI) v2023.1.3

Thanks! @jimz011 Actually helped me on the discord so it works now.

Update:

Figured out what I did wrong, the adjustments need to be done to the hki-button.yaml file not the hki-thermostat.yaml file! Afterwards, everything (more or less) worked out!

Kind regards,
Ben

Hi Jim and everyone

Firstly, thanks for such an amazing project, Iā€™m just starting to create my dashboard and have been looking at your example dashboard for some help and inspiration!

@jimz011 in the devices.yaml in the example config you have an entity called switch.samsung_tv, which Iā€™m trying to re-create, would you be able to explain how you created this?

Sure, not entirely sure if this still works correctly though (since my Shield TV does most of this work now).

But if it can help you out np, youā€™ll have to create a switch in configuration.yaml (or a different file if you split your setup)

# configuration.yaml
switch:
  - platform: template
    switches:
      samsung_tv:
        value_template: "{{ is_state('media_player.samsung_6_series_65', 'on') }}"
        turn_on:
          service: wake_on_lan.send_magic_packet
          data:
            mac: 68:27:37:65:f6:89
        turn_off:
          service: media_player.turn_off
          data:
            entity_id: media_player.samsung_6_series_65

Iā€™ve searched through the forum but havenā€™t been able to find an answer so hoping someone is able to help, Iā€™m trying to have the button that is on the main page under favourites be a single click to open the garage door as opposed to going into another menu with a single button. Iā€™m sure this is simple but Iā€™ve been unable to figure this out, all I need to do is call the entity once to open it and again to close it.

Cheers

Hi Jim,

Can you help me make a card for the garbage? I canā€™t get it to work in HKI.

type: custom:auto-entities
card:
  type: entities
  title: Volgende ophaaldata
filter:
  exclude:
    - entity_id: sensor.afvalwijzer*next*
    - entity_id: sensor.afvalwijzer*to*
  include:
    - entity_id: sensor.afvalwijzer_*
      options:
        type: custom:template-entity-row
        state: |
          {{as_timestamp(strptime(states(config.entity),'%d-%m-%Y'))
              |timestamp_custom('%-d %b')}}
        secondary: >
          {% set count =
          state_attr(config.entity,'days_until_collection_date')|int %} {% set
          day = as_timestamp(strptime(states(config.entity),'%d-%m-%Y'))
             |timestamp_custom('%A') %}
          {% set dagen =
            {'Monday': 'Maandag',
            'Tuesday': 'Dinsdag',
            'Wednesday': 'Woensdag',
            'Thursday': 'Donderdag',
            'Friday': 'Vrijdag',
            'Saturday': 'Zaterdag',
            'Sunday': 'Zondag'} %}
          {% set dag = dagen[day] if day in dagen else day %} {% set unit =
          'Dag' if count == 1 else 'dagen' %}

{% if count >= 14 %} {% set phrase = dag + ' over 2 weken' %} {% elif
          count >= 7 %} {% set phrase = 'Volgende week ' + dag %} {% elif count
          >= 3 %} {% set phrase = 'komende ' + dag %} {% elif count == 2 %} {%
          set phrase = dag + ', overmorgen' %} {% elif count == 1 %} {% set
          phrase = 'morgen, ' + dag %} {% else %} {% set phrase = 'Vandaag, ' +
          dag %} {% endif %} {{phrase}} {% if count != 0%} ({{count}} {{unit}})
          {% endif %}
sort:
  attribute: days_until_collection_date
  method: attribute
  numeric: true

Hi, I just started with HKI and am playing around a little. First thing I ran into and wasnt able to solve myself is the integration of my alarmo panel.

in config.yaml I changed the alarm entity like that:

# HOME ALARM *Please read the documentation before editing! https://github.com/jimzz011/homekit-infused/docs/addons/alarm.md
  alarm:
    entity: alarm_control_panel.alarmo
    show_badge: true

the icon in the top menu shows the correct status of my alarm system but if I click on it it directs my to the default ā€œhome-alarmā€ entity instead of Alarmo- WHat am I missing?

You can change the popup associated with that button as explained in the documentation. That way you can use anything you want.

I will take a look into fixing a lot of stuff in a few months as I am currently in the process of moving/renovating our new home and selling our old one.

1 Like

Hey Jim,

I tried to find it inside your repo, but that is like finding a needle in a haystack, itā€™s hugeā€¦

I seem to remember you had dynamically configurable theming setup? Looking for a way to adjust the ha-card-border-radius: 0px which I now have set in my main theme files.

Would appreciate if you could point me to the files where you change that, and how ofc. Using card_mod_theming myself, but maybe you do it differently?

just want to have a slider, and use the state of the input_number in the theming

thanks!

1 Like
1 Like

Hj Jimmy, if I remember correct you just like me also used a sticky header created with cards. Since 2023.4.x the sticky variable doesnā€™t work anymore (cards arenā€™t sticky). Have you found a way in your HKI to solve this by any chance? I believe since some elements have changed, that the dom has changed as well to make the mod-card sticky again.

I donā€™t use your HKI, but if I remember correct, you also used sticky elements, so was wondering if you have fixed it for HKI, so we can use that :wink:

@ASNNetworks It is still sticky for me. So not sure what should have changed here. I did not change anything really. The only thing I did change was setting Z-Index to 1.

Did you by any chance also update card-mod to the latest version? Perhaps the latest version that was supposed to fix some 2023.4 stuff, also broke something with sticky elements?

@Mariusthvdb homekit-infused/HKI Custom Dark.yaml at fafcd48c894076885cbffed7811e37fbe9228401 Ā· jimz011/homekit-infused Ā· GitHub

@ASNNetworks yes, everything is up-to-date (and yes cache has been cleared)

Very strange, both my sticky header and sticky bottom bar donā€™t stick anymore, on any of my tabs and dashboards. While the same code Iā€™ve been using for the last 2 years worked up untill 2023.4

edit: thanks for your quick replies @jimz011, I dug through your HKI code and immediately thought back about the fact that I never used Kiosk Mode module before and only started that with 2023.4, since hiding header with card-mod theme was broken. I noticed you didnā€™t use that, so I disabled Kiosk Mode, and everything was sticky again.

So something with Kiosk Mode module breaks sticky elements.

Kiosk mode is broken from what I have heard. Though you can still hide the header with card-mod. Instead of using app-header use .header, same goes for app-toolbar.

There was a new version, which does work and indeed hides the header: NemesisRE/kiosk-mode: :see_no_evil: Hides the Home Assistant header and/or sidebar (github.com)

But it also breaks sticky as I now found out. I tried using your updated card-mod theme. While it does remove the menubar icons and elements, the space is still there sadly.

card-mod-root: |
    .header {
      display: none !important;
    }

Also added in height: 0px !important and height: 0% !important but both didnā€™t remove the acual header bar space. Itā€™s now just an empty space, with the same size as the header.

Edit:

this seams to work kinda:

header-height: 0px
  card-mod-root: |
    .header {
      display: none;
    }

edit: not really though, it makes the header smaller in all of UI, including HA menuā€™s and popups.

Not sure, but I donā€™t think Kiosk mode broke the sticky mod. I couldnā€™t get the sticky to work even without itā€¦
it probably is the way HA handles the new Frontend, or maybe the new card_mod version?

Because ā€¦ Using the former 3.1.4 (+ a fix for the new HA frontend) make the buttons stick just nicely.