[SOLVED] Homekit works only ios 13?

Actually after pairing the ios 12 first and then ios 13 it worked with some buggy switches (the new combo switches) in ios 13. Once restarted hass all came back as started -> working on ios 13 correctly, ios 12 everything with “No Response”.

Looks to me as incompatibility when working both (of course thru icloud) with ios 12 and 13. hopefully ios13.1 will fix it :\

I had the same issue just updating my phone to iOS 13, all iOS 12 Apple devices aren’t working with my HomeKit. And my phone isn’t able to control Home Assistant HomeKit devices when I’m not on LAN (other devices work fine), HomePod and Apple TV set up as Home Hubs.

Tried signing out of everything and setting up a new home from scratch without improvement. Also hoping this is fixed with iOS 13.1 or when all other devices update to iOS 13 at the end of the month.

Looks like iOS 13.1 has fixed this for me

Yes, I confirm the same

iOS 13.1 hasn’t fixed it for me. Have tried unpairing all Homekit devices from iPhone, deleting Home app and un-syncing Home data to iCloud, complete reset of HA Homekit integration including deleting homekit.state, then re-enabling Homekit on iPhone and re-pairing HA Homekit using Safe Mode. Pairs fine, works for a short while, then borks out and stops working with ‘no response’ on all devices. Hue devices paired to Homekit via the Hue bridge work fine, it’s just the HA-forwarded stuff that doesn’t work.

I’m out of ideas, anyone got any suggestions?

EDIT: never mind, I think it’s working properly now

iOS 13 is kind of buggy in HomeKit, for me it isn’t possible to rename sensors, the HA binary.sensor name is shown.

On my iOS 12 devices no problem.

:roll_eyes:

Just to add - I restarted my router for the first time since updating to iOS 13 today. Seems like all my buggy HomeKit problems are now fixed! No more ‘No Response’ messages at all. Worth trying if you’re still having issues

Thanks for the suggestion, but I tried it already :wink:

Still not working for me unfortunately… All is working fine on iPhone and iPad (both on iOS13/iPadOS13) when on local network, but can’t control any devices through my HomePod or on iPhone/iPad when I’m not on my local network. I have tried multiple times to setup my home in the Home app from scratch, resetting HA Homekit integration, etc., all to no avail. Anyone got some clues how to fix this?

I had/have the same thing. Except I also have an Apple TV 4K as well as a HomePod. Until the Apple TV updated to tvOS 13, I had no control of stuff away from the local network with either my HomePod or Apple TV acting as the home hub. I still can’t control HomeKit stuff via my HomePod locally.

I’m hoping when the HomePod gets updated to iOS 13 these issues will be resolved, seems iOS 12 and 13 aren’t compatible with each other when it comes to HomeKit.

Let’s hope that the homepod will get an update soon in that case. It’s strange though that there aren’t more complaints about this online

fixed, signout and sign in to icloud !

Still not working, exactly the same behavior:

after pairing the ios 12 first and then ios 13 it worked with some buggy switches (the new combo switches) in ios 13. Once restarted hass all came back as started → working on ios 13 correctly, ios 12 everything with “No Response”.

Rechecked right now with the most recent os updates: ipad 12.4.2 and iphone 13.1.3 and 0.100.2 for hass

I have the same thing. ipad with ios 12.4.1 and iPhone with ios 13.1.3. Anybody can fix it?

in most cases it helped to restart your router, signout and sign in to icloud.
This is what worked for me mostly.

Did that, including removing the home from all devices/icloud and configuring from the scratch - all the same, 13 ok, 12 not…

Tried totally resetting my ipad with ios 12 (restarting router, removing homekit.storage, restarting hass), pairing from the scratch and getting Can’t add Homeassistant Bridge. Tried multiple times with no luck :\

After that tried on iphone with ios 13, all went without problems (and yes, now on ipad ios 12 it synced via icloud and all entities are - no response)

Ok, finally got some light at the end of the tunnel (of debugging): universal media player I use for switching input source on my tv.

Once it enabled, it makes all homekit entries on ios 12 as “No Response” (on ios 13.2 it works as normally) and even you delete it from homekit config, all entries on ios 12 still remain offline, the only solution is completely remove home from the app the “repair” it again (now without universal media player).

This is my config for universal:

customize.yaml

media_player.universal:
  device_class: tv
  friendly_name: TV
  source_list: [Kodi, ATV, Chromecast, HDMI]

mediaplayer_universal.yaml

- platform: universal
  name: Universal
  children:
    - media_player.kodi
    - media_player.chromecast