HomeWizard Energy (Wi-Fi P1 meter, kWh meter, Energy Socket and Water Meter)

I get the following error when installing:

Logboekdetails (ERROR)

Logger: homeassistant.config_entries
Source: custom_components/homewizard_energy/init.py:172
First occurred: 17:57:28 (2 occurrences)
Last logged: 18:05:01

Error setting up entry P1 meter for homewizard_energy
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py”, line 236, in async_setup
result = await component.async_setup_entry(hass, self) # type: ignore
File “/config/custom_components/homewizard_energy/init.py”, line 172, in async_setup_entry
await coordinator.async_config_entry_first_refresh()
AttributeError: ‘HWEnergyDeviceUpdateCoordinator’ object has no attribute ‘async_config_entry_first_refresh’

What’s wrong?

Please fill in an issue report here: https://github.com/DCSBL/ha-homewizard-energy/issues/new?assignees=&labels=bug&template=bug_report.md&title=

The amount of power being used (sensor.p1_meter_active_power) isn’t able to be chosen at the HA-Energy tab. Is there a way to solve that?

It should be, did you install the latest integration version?

Hi Unsigus, Yes i did… :frowning:

Wait, active power? You should select totals ;-).

That’s only a ‘static’ value on my side?

I choose the 4 counters, and the energy component calculates the rest.

Hello,

Nice topic. Looking for long time. I,am using the P1 dongle. Works like a charm.
As a arduino and esp32/8266 fan i now facing the raspberry pi for my Home-Assistant.
To integrate the P1 dongle and get it working i have lack of knowledge aspecialy abbreviations ?
f.i. what means HASS? and HACS
i,am running Home-Assistance on raspberry pi 4/64 a monitor mouse and keyboard connected.
I do found the P1 ip_address with the help of FING
any help is very much appreciated.
A newly Home-Assistant user

Will the Energy Socket that was just announced be supported in this custom component? If so, this might just be the product I’ve been looking for. Thanks in advance.

The Energy Socket is fully supported! You can even control the relay from Home Assistant.

Thanks for all the help.

Yes ilioSS no problem.
After two days i found it myself.
Greetz
ilioSS

Hi Theo,
This topic is for the HomeWizard Energy components, not for Home Assistant questions in general.
Please search the forum and you will find your answers.

Hello, The energy meter is configured correctly. I can read values in. The code below is from a previous post of yours @DCSBL.
When I add this in configuration.yaml it does not work on my dashboard.
How can I ensure that this does become visually possible like yours ?

HomeWizard P1 meter

sensor:

• platform: template
    sensors:
    daily_energy:
    friendly_name: Daily Energy
    unit_of_measurement: kWh
    value_template: “{{ (states(‘sensor.daily_energy_offpeak’)|float + states(‘sensor.daily_energy_peak’)|float) | round(3)}}”
    weekly_energy:
    friendly_name: Weekly Energy
    value_template: “{{ (states(‘sensor.weekly_energy_offpeak’)|float + states(‘sensor.weekly_energy_peak’)|float) | round(3) }}”
    monthly_energy:
    friendly_name: Monthly Energy
    value_template: “{{ (states(‘sensor.monthly_energy_offpeak’)|float + states(‘sensor.monthly_energy_peak’)|float) | round(3) }}”

utility_meter:
daily_energy_peak:
source: sensor.p1_meter_total_power_import_t2
cycle: daily
weekly_energy_peak:
cycle: weekly
monthly_energy_peak:
cycle: monthly
daily_energy_offpeak:
source: sensor.p1_meter_total_power_import_t1
cycle: daily
weekly_energy_offpeak:
cycle: weekly
monthly_energy_offpeak:
cycle: monthly

great! And how can I add them? I have removed and readded Homewizard Energy to HA but I still do not see the plugs in the list of entities. I also tried to add them as seperate devices using their own IP address but that also did not work. Thanks in advance!

A lot of things can cause that things won’t show up. Try to see if something is in the log as error/warning and that you’ve name the entity ID’s correctly.

Make sure you have enabled the API in de HomeWizard Energy app and that you have the most recent component version installed.

1 Like

Great, I wasnt aware I needed to enable them for the plugs as well. Works great. HA almost immediately recognized them as new devices. very nice. Thanks for the help!!

2 Likes

I haven’t been able to find it, but is it (already) possible to flash the HomeWizard 3phase kWh meter with ESPHome? That would be the ultimate solution - at least for me :wink:

There is (some) support in ESPHome for these types of meters: Eastron SDM Energy Monitor — ESPHome