HomeWizard Energy (Wi-Fi P1 meter, kWh meter, Energy Socket and Water Meter)

Hi, I have a UniFi setup but don’t have something like that configured. I’m also sure it can handle my home devices, I haven’t got any issues in the past. I can see the HomeWizard stick in my controller and everything seems fine. I have rebooted my HA several times and have updated all integrations/HACS/HA on a constant basis when new versions come out.

Thanks for the reply, I’ll see how I can dig deeper.

EDIT: the problem is solved thanks to Unsigus, for anyone wondering I just forgot to add a second (T2) to my energy entities. Since my install I thought they were logging the same data but they obviously aren’t (day and night tariffs). Thanks!

1 Like

Hi all,
Newby here: I installed HACS in my Homeassistant. and searched for the homewizard energy: Found it.

Trying to install it: brings up a pop up with a circle which runs already for 10 minutes now.
Is this normal / how to install it?

Thanks for the help!

Seems to be a problem with HACS. I recommend you to ask for help with them, for example here.

1 Like

My ISP had a problem, and since the network was restored, Home Assistant does not connect to the P1 meter anymore.
In the Homewizard app, everything is fine, I can also read the meter in my browser via the API and I can ping the P1meter from the HA terminal

It says

Retrying setup: Cannot connect to host 192.168.0.35:80 ssl:default [Connect call failed ('192.168.0.35', 80)]

but the P1 meter IP@ is fixed to 192.168.0.92 in my router, so no idea why HA wants to connect to it on [email protected]:80
How can I tell HA that the P1 meter is at IP 192.168.0.92 without losing my previous P1 data?
I tried the following things without result:

• restart HA core
  • disable/enable P1 meter integration + restart HA core
  • with HACS, redownload the Homewizard energy custom component + restart HA core
  • In configuration/integrations/add integration/add Homewizard energy + fill in the IP@
    → it says aborted when I submit the configuration
  • complete shutdown and restart of the HA host

You can just remove the configuration (Link to Configuration – My Home Assistant, select your meter, press the 3 dots and click ‘Delete’). Then re-add your meter. If you use the same name, all should just work as before.

OK, thx, it worked.
I considered the delete option, but I was afraid I would lose my previous data when deleting.

1 Like

I’m seeing errors in the Core log that seem to be associated with the HomeWizard P1 meter:

2021-12-12 14:29:44 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/data_entry_flow.py", line 203, in async_init
    flow, result = await task
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/data_entry_flow.py", line 230, in _async_init
    result = await self._async_handle_step(flow, flow.init_step, data, init_done)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/data_entry_flow.py", line 325, in _async_handle_step
    result: FlowResult = await getattr(flow, method)(user_input)
  File "/config/custom_components/homewizard_energy/config_flow.py", line 63, in async_step_zeroconf
    "host" not in discovery_info
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zeroconf/__init__.py", line 126, in __getitem__
    return getattr(self, name)
TypeError: getattr(): attribute name must be string
2021-12-12 14:32:58 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/data_entry_flow.py", line 203, in async_init
    flow, result = await task
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/data_entry_flow.py", line 230, in _async_init
    result = await self._async_handle_step(flow, flow.init_step, data, init_done)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/data_entry_flow.py", line 325, in _async_handle_step
    result: FlowResult = await getattr(flow, method)(user_input)
  File "/config/custom_components/homewizard_energy/config_flow.py", line 63, in async_step_zeroconf
    "host" not in discovery_info
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zeroconf/__init__.py", line 126, in __getitem__
    return getattr(self, name)
TypeError: getattr(): attribute name must be string

And if I look at the readings, there appear to be momentary spikes in the graph which do not, I think, correspond to the actual power readings:

I’m using a port splitter on the P1 port, because I am using load balancing for the “Laadpaal” (charging post) for our electric auto - could this be causing the issue?

Edit:
Version 0.12.1 is available on HACS that fixes the error. (Release 0.12.1 · DCSBL/ha-homewizard-energy · GitHub)

Hello, I installed everything without any issues with HACS. now running 0.12.1.
I have a P1 meter. But I noticed it is generating a lot of data for the active power in the history and delays everything.
I’m not a good programmer, but how can I adjust the update frequency? so it only updates every (lets say) 5 seconds?

@Gratje, You can disable automatic polling (on configuration, press the 3 dots and select system options) and configure an automation that calls homeassistant.update_entity with your requirement, eg. every 5 seconds or ‘only if I am home’: See Manual Polling.

You also add this, or something custom, with your own entity_id’s, to your configuration.yaml, with that only the ‘total_power_import/export’ values will be logged.

recorder:
  exclude:
    entity_globs:
      - sensor.energysocket_*_active_power
      - sensor.energysocket_*_active_power_l1
      #   - sensor.energysocket_*_total_power_export_t1
      #   - sensor.energysocket_*_total_power_import_t1
      - sensor.energysocket_*_wifi_ssid
      - sensor.energysocket_*_wifi_strength
      - sensor.p1_meter_active_power
      - sensor.p1_meter_active_power_l1
      - sensor.p1_meter_active_power_l2
      - sensor.p1_meter_active_power_l3
      - sensor.p1_meter_gas_timestamp
      - sensor.p1_meter_model
      - sensor.p1_meter_smr_version
      - sensor.p1_meter_total_gas
      #   - sensor.p1_meter_total_power_export_t1
      #   - sensor.p1_meter_total_power_export_t2
      - sensor.p1_meter_wifi_strength

@DCSBL Thanks, got it working. with some trial and error. but now with an automation and time_pattern trigger it is updating every 5 seconds. That will save a lot of data in my SQLdatabase.

1 Like

Hey Guys,

I’m also dabbling in integrating my home energy wizard P1 meter into home assitant. Unfortunatly I am having some trouble. I’ve downloaded the integration via HACS and when i try to set it up it aks me for the P1 meters IP adres. I enter the adres and it simple states “Aborted”. I’ve pinged the P1 meterand it’s working an connected as expected.

P1 meter software version = 2.13
Home assistand version = 2021.12.7
HomeWizard Energy integration version = 0.12.1

I’ve tried uninstalling an reinstalling the integration (also the older 0.12.0 version) but I was unable to connect to the p1 meter.

Any suggestions?

The “hoem energy wizard P1 meter”? Nice name :thinking:.

Can you find anything in the logs? Make sure you just enter the IP address and not things like “http://“

XD, sorry for that spelling error XD

I can’t find anything in the logs other than this:

2022-01-01 11:17:00 WARNING (SyncWorker_0) [homeassistant.loader] We found a custom integration hacs which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant
2022-01-01 11:17:00 WARNING (SyncWorker_1) [homeassistant.loader] We found a custom integration homewizard_energy which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant
2022-01-01 11:34:53 ERROR (MainThread) [aiohttp.server] Error handling request
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/urllib3/response.py”, line 438, in _error_catcher
yield
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/urllib3/response.py”, line 519, in read
data = self._fp.read(amt) if not fp_closed else b""
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/http/client.py”, line 462, in read
n = self.readinto(b)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/http/client.py”, line 506, in readinto
n = self.fp.readinto(b)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/socket.py”, line 704, in readinto
return self._sock.recv_into(b)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/ssl.py”, line 1241, in recv_into
return self.read(nbytes, buffer)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/ssl.py”, line 1099, in read
return self._sslobj.read(len, buffer)
ConnectionResetError: [Errno 104] Connection reset by peer

Can you open an issue here with these details?

For some reason my Home Assistant stops getting data for random periods. I noticed my enery dashboard is empty, even though I see data readouts on the sensors. But when I check the history for example for the current usage, I see clear flatlines.

Any idea what could be the cause of this?

(sorry, I can only upload 1 image per post apparontly)

Here you can clearly see it reads export, but the history graph does not reflect it.

HA V21.12.10

Is there anything in the log?
Do you see the same in the HomeWizard Energy app?
Do you see the same behaviour on other datapoints?

Hey, is it possible to share your dashboard please? I really like it!

Dear @DCSBL,

sorry, maybe offtopic but hard to find information about the following. Please help me.

I live in Hungary. I have a Fronius solar system. I’d like to know that the HomeWizard Wi-Fi P1 Meter will works with my Holley DTSD545 Electricity meter together. The unit has a P1 slot. Will I be able to collect the data from the electricity meter?

The electricity meter manual: https://www.eon.hu/content/dam/eon/eon-hungary/documents/Lakossagi/aram/muszaki-ugyek/fogyasztasmerok/Holley-DDSD285-DTSD545-v01.pdf

Last three pages contains the info about P1 port.
If the units fits then I would like to buy the Homewizard P1 and use with Homeassistant.

Thanks for your answer.

Regards,
Balazs