Honeywell CH/DHW via RF - evohome, sundial, hometronics, chronotherm

Seems to work, everything available in an instant for me!

Great job!!

Works for me too! Thanks a million David :slight_smile:

O.K. Now under the ā€˜climateā€™ entities I see ā€˜zones namesā€™ and ā€˜temperatureā€™ā€¦
But still nothing can be done moreā€¦ Changed/adjusted, etcā€¦
Up and down arrows are not reactingā€¦

1 Like

@dariusz - what is the model of your controller? Someoneā€™s reached out to me - they have a HCM200d.

I have: HCM200D P4 V7.10 UK.

OK, if you want me to have a look - HA log & a packet log from startup, fro next 10 mins.

Someone just sent me a HA log:

2021-02-23 21:35:04 ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.evohome_cc] evohome_cc v0.5.9, using evohome_rf v0.5.8 - versions don't match (this is bad)

This is bad.

That was me, when I managed to pull the update yesterday before the second update to fix :slight_smile:

Does anyone have an OpenTherm Bridge, with an outside temperature feature?

Yes Iā€™m using the Opentherm Bridge and setting the outside temperature via an Opentherm Gateway, also getting a fair number of failed TX transfers only occurring with the bridge and our HW BDR91.

@DanRP Could you send me a packet log of 30 min window - preferably from HA startup?

@Everyone - just pushed v0.5.10 - only small fixes.

For logging, I suggest the following for configuration.yaml:

evohome_cc:
  scan_interval: 60
  config:
    packet_log: /folder/.config/packet.log

TBH, a scan_interval of 180 is more than adequate - use 60 if you like (less is only useful for development).

ā€¦ then:

logger:
  default: info  # don't use debug
  logs:
    homeassistant.core: debug  # to see: Event state_changed
    homeassistant.loader: info  # to see: You are using ... evohome_cc...
    homeassistant.setup: info  # to see: Setting up evohome_cc

evohome_rf.packet_log: info

custom_components.evohome_cc: info
    custom_components.evohome_cc.*: info

This will enable you to see the following in your HA log files (I have added some carriage returns for readability here):

2021-02-24 21:20:42 INFO (MainThread) [custom_components.evohome_cc] Schema = {
  'controller': '01:145038', 
  'system': {'heating_relay': '13:237335'}, 
  'orphans': [], 
  'stored_hotwater': {
    'hotwater_sensor': '07:045960', 
    'hotwater_valve': '13:163733', 
    'heating_valve': '13:081807'
  }, 
  'underfloor_heating': {}, 
  'zones': {
    '00': {
      'heating_type': 'radiator_valve', 
      'sensor': None, 
    '07': {
      'heating_type': 'electric_heat', 
      'sensor': '03:183434', 
      'devices': ['13:106039']
    }
  }
}

There is a similar line for Params = {, and Status = {.

With a HGI80, if you exceed the duty cycle, it will not Tx until you power cycle it

exceeding the duty cycle can happen if you restart the system several times in short order, and it does discovery back-to-backā€¦

So, remove the HGI80s USB cable, and reconnect (you may/may not have to reboot the host system0

No problem. Iā€™ll do this tomorrow morning. Thanks for the great work!!

And the person who just send me a packet log (you know who you are) - have at look at your zone 03 - it appears mis-configured!

It has no actuators, only a sensor - see zone 04 for comparison.

"03": {
            "heating_type": "radiator_valve",
            "sensor": "04:xxxxxx",
            "devices": []
        },
        "04": {
            "heating_type": "radiator_valve",
            "sensor": "04:yyyyyy",
            "devices": [
                "04:yyyyyy"
            ]
        },

In the logs:

21:27:56.847 || CTL:123456 | HGI:123456 | RP | zone_devices     | 03007... || {'zone_idx': '03', 'device_class': 'zone_actuators', 'devices': []}
21:27:57.556 || CTL:123456 | HGI:123456 | RP | zone_devices     | 04000... || {'zone_idx': '04', 'device_class': 'zone_actuators', 'devices': ['04:yyyyyy']}

The means the controller wouldnā€™t be sure of the heat demand of that zone - the TRV would know (and would open / close accordingly), but whether the boiler would give it heat, or notā€¦

Iā€™m using a NanoCul rather than a HGI80. After a lot of initial issues with TXā€™s failing entirely Iā€™ve managed to get this working.

The evofw3 dev & I are working on a fix (actually heā€™s doing the fix).

Thatā€™s great news - thanks! How do I send you the logs?

@zxdavb - Thank you, now have evohome running in a dedicated home assistant container on a Pi, visible to my master Home Assistant.

So many possibilities, next up, getting the evohome HA running with a touchscreen to replicate the Evohome controller, at least visually.

Looking at my schema I see Iā€™ve got a few zones incorrectly setup myself. This is a brilliant feature.

PM me a link to your favorite file hosting website