Honeywell CH/DHW via RF - evohome, sundial, hometronics, chronotherm

That is the plan.

1 Like

Not yet - you (hometronics) should set max zones to 16, and enable eavesdropping.

Great work @zxdavb

@zxdavb I am interested in the fake zone sensors!

Well, it’s up now - you should be able to try it.

I updated yesterday morning to the version from 5 days ago, after that thet status of the climate entities are getting after a few hours te status unknown.
Yesterdag evening i updated to the version that came out yesterday, but stil the same problem, after reboot i have a good status but after a few hours i get the unknown status.

What could be the problem, the temperature entities are still getting updates.
I see no errors in the log.

Updated to 0.8.6 last night and its stopped working.
Tried a reboot this morning, check device link to what’s in my configuration.yaml and all looks good there.

Logger: homeassistant.setup
Source: custom_components/evohome_cc/__init__.py:220
First occurred: 9:20:16 AM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 9:20:16 AM

Error during setup of component evohome_cc
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/setup.py", line 242, in _async_setup_component
    result = await task
  File "/config/custom_components/evohome_cc/__init__.py", line 106, in async_setup
    await broker.async_update()
  File "/config/custom_components/evohome_cc/__init__.py", line 220, in async_update
    _LOGGER.info("Schema = %s", evohome.schema)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/evohome_rf/systems.py", line 572, in schema
    return {**super().schema, ATTR_ZONES: {z.idx: z.schema for z in self._zones}}
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/evohome_rf/systems.py", line 572, in <dictcomp>
    return {**super().schema, ATTR_ZONES: {z.idx: z.schema for z in self._zones}}
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/evohome_rf/zones.py", line 809, in schema
    elif not self._sensor._30C9_faked:
AttributeError: 'Controller' object has no attribute '_30C9_faked'

@zxdavb Hi David. With the latest building seeing this error appearing on HA start-up.

Logger: homeassistant
Source: helpers/entity.py:455 
First occurred: 12:31:21 (1 occurrences) 
Last logged: 12:31:21

Error doing job: Exception in callback async_track_point_in_utc_time.<locals>.run_action() at /usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/event.py:1172
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/asyncio/events.py", line 81, in _run
    self._context.run(self._callback, *self._args)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/event.py", line 1191, in run_action
    hass.async_run_hass_job(job, utc_point_in_time)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 428, in async_run_hass_job
    hassjob.target(*args)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 455, in async_schedule_update_ha_state
    self.hass.async_create_task(self.async_update_ha_state(force_refresh))
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'async_create_task'

Have exactly the same error occuring

Just commented out the relevant elif statement in zones.py and now works again. I guess the Controller device does not (yet) have the fake device code

do you have the problem that the status goes away?
normaly i see this:
2021-04-09_16h09_39

but after an hour i get this:
2021-05-04_16h17_21

Yeah, hvac_action disappears after about an hour. HA restart doesn’t help

OkĂ© thx for the conformation, than i don’t have to look further in my config.

Sorry - I guess I broke a few things, despite testing.

No it does not. You shouldn’t be seeing this - if you did something (i.e. called one of the new service calls), could you PM me with the specific steps you took to get that error message?

Only fake sensors can be impersonated - not real sensors. Impersonating a real sensor won’t be useful, unless that device if turned off (otherwise, you / it will be sending different temperatures & the controller will just react to the latest one it sees.

Try changing the code thus:

elif not hasattr(self._sensor, "_30C9_faked") or not self._sensor._30C9_faked:
    sensor_schema = self._sensor.id

I will have a look when I get home.

Could be related - will have a look too.

elif not hasattr(self._sensor, "_30C9_faked") or not self._sensor._30C9_faked:
    sensor_schema = self._sensor.id

Cheers! fixed it, error has gone. Still the weird thing with the preset_mode, hvac_mode, hvac_action going blank after an hour or so. Haven’t found anything useful in the logs yet

So the _30c9_faked has been fixed - the issue is well-understood: I didn’t test for when the controller is the zone sensor (for those using eavesdropping, or those who manually set it in their schema).

Will push an update soon.

I believe I have identified/fixed this bug too - will push an update soon.

@Spaco can you confirm:

• hvac_action disappears after an hour
  • that it comes back if you change the zone mode
  • if restore_state: true , reboooting doesn’t help
  • if restore_state: false, rebooting does help?

David. I tried restore state (false) and it cleared for me, but has subsequently lost the status again.