Honeywell Lyric T6 Pro Z-Wave Plus Smart Thermostat

I didn’t change the config files in the location I referenced and it seems the /src directory is empty, so I’m not sure where else there might be zwave config files. I don’t know for sure that the config_path was working properly to read the config from /share/open-zwave/config but I assumed it was because after I added that it was able to properly name devices that previously we just named “unknown”.

So I found another set of configs in the path /usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/python_openzwave/ozw_config/. I’m thinking about trying something similar to what the person did in the other thread you linked in that folder, removing the config_path from my configuration.yaml and then trying to exclude/include the thermostat again. Only problem is, that directory seems to be only inside the docker container and doesn’t show up in Configurator for whatever reason. So if I want to do that I need to figure out how I’m going to copy the new config in.

The config file for this thermostat is part of OZW 1.4, but is not included with Home Assistant. If you remove your usage of config_path and rely on the files in the docker container, then try to re-include your thermostat, it will show up as “Unknown”.

If your plan is to edit config files, you would want to continue using config_path so you don’t need to copy the files in to the container every upgrade.

If you want to force this behavior permanently, instead of modifying zwcfg*.xml, you can hardcode this into the th6320zw2003.xml config file in your config path, then refresh it from the control panel, or exclude/include. OZW will override the detected values with what is defined in the xml file. You can change the base number, and/or force the setpoint values. Here is an example (there are several): https://github.com/OpenZWave/open-zwave/blob/3d6374c831998595744cc34ef862a80ee51973c9/config/thermofloor/heatit056.xml#L27

@freshcoast that’s the weird part about all this. My current config_path is already pointing to this OZW config https://github.com/OpenZWave/open-zwave/blob/9cdfa101f3086c4c1b4317b85294c710e92e6d77/config/honeywell/th6320zw2003.xml#L42 but it was still coming in with base 1 rather than base 0, which is why I ended up editing the file manually in the first place.

Looking through the git history, it looks like at some point the command class for the setpoint in that file was changed from

<CommandClass id="67" name="COMMAND_CLASS_THERMOSTAT_SETPOINT" base="0" />

to

<CommandClass id="67">
  <Compatibility>
    <Base>0</Base>
  </Compatibility>
</CommandClass>

I assume they do the same thing but I don’t really know, so perhaps that could be causing the issue?

OpenZwave was updated to version 1.6 which included a change to the format of the config files. HomeAssistant still requires version 1.4, so if you are pulling config files from the OpenZwave you have to use the 1.4 branch (https://github.com/OpenZWave/open-zwave/tree/1.4/config).

Interesting, that might be it…I’ll give that a try!

@jaminh that was it, problem solved! The open zwave config that I pulled down originally was from master and so was the 1.6 version but I needed the 1.4 version. After excluding, restarting, including and restarting with the 1.4 version of the config setup it is indeed working as expected :slight_smile:

Thanks again for all your help!