Honeywell Lyric Thermostat

I’ve hopefully fixed the fan issues reported above in the custom_component. Also resubmitted a PR to homeassistant: https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/pull/31387

To the question about the fan stuff: There doesn’t appear to be a good way to display that info that is baked into the home-assistant widget. At least I don’t know how to do it. If you click the three dots at the top right, you can set the fan, and see the current status. The fan settings are pretty limited, and the API from Honeywell doesn’t give you a lot of fan status updates, so I’ve done the best I can.

I’m now on HA 0.104.3 and have had the native homekit controller component working flawlessly for a couple of weeks (no custom component).

There has been a lot of work done on the homekit component, and my thermostat (Lyric T5) seems to be supported now.

I simply reset the homekit pairing on the thermostat and used the HA front end to add it. Worked perfect first try.

For anyone not familiar, this allows for local control and sidesteps all the Honeywell api issues folks have had.

Hi shellster, I updated to your from the previous release (Dec 24) to your new changes you pushed last night and now I can’t connect to my T9. Any tips? I am asked to reconnect my Honeywell Dev account and it finishes successfully on the website. However, after I’m instructed to close my window, configurator is giving me this error: Failed to configure, please try again.

@elikorh Thanks for the feedback. Can you enable debugging in your configuration, and restart and check the log for any errors? I can’t imagine any of my changes breaking that particular piece unless I inadvertantly introduced a bug when porting the code back to a custom plugin.

Hey shellster,

Would you be in a position to try using the native homekit component (as I’d mentioned above) instead of the custom integration? I’m really curious if this is working for any other users as we wouldn’t need to make a specific Lyric component then.

I thought that was depreciated as per this thread? Honeywell Lyric thermostat with Homekit_controller(Deprecated)

theres 2 ways to integrate lyric. with homekit or with the honeywell lyric web api(included in hacs) If you don’t want to use cloud based stuff, homekit is the way to go.

That was a custom homekit controller component. At the time the official HA component didn’t support many devices. In the meantime support has gotten much better.

The official integration has been working fine for me for awhile now.

To setup go to the integrations page in the front-end and follow the steps for adding a ‘Homekit Accessory’

If you had tried the deprecated homekit custom component you might have to reset the homekit pairing on your thermostat so it generates a new pairing code. This was easy to find in the settings menu on my T5.

I’ve used the homekit way before but had some minor issues…maybe time to go back to that if it’s gotten better.

Part of going with HA (for me) was that I was tired of the cloud and reliability issues (mostly due to Wink’s problems)…the less I have to rely on anyone’s cloud the better!

1 Like

Sure, I can try to get that to you. I’ve been meaning to look at my logs anyways. Haven’t had time :stuck_out_tongue:

the custom one I did wasn’t perfect indeed :wink: The whole homekit thing was quite buggy at the time. But afaik the official one is 100% reliable now, so might be a good idea.

Some help needed… I installed the Lyric component with HACS but when following the instructions I receive a 500 error after the authentication in the Honeywell develop site. Then I replaced the HACS code with the github repository of Shellster … Now I get a message that authentication has been succesfull and I can close the authentication window en to push the button Continue to finish the setup. But after this I get the message “Failed to configure, please try again”. So now the card is not displayed. Any tips?

Got it, it’s the thread that’s depreciated and not the actual component, makes sense now.

Hey Hendry, I’m having this exact same “Failed to configure…” error as well. I PM’d my logs to @shellster so maybe he can chime in when he gets the time.

In the meantime, you can try taking his code from the Dec 24th commit and see how that works. It was fine for me and I might try it this weekend.

Hey guys, I’ll take a look this next weekend and report back, providing I am no longer sick as a dog. Sounds like I may have introduced a new bug.

1 Like

Thanks, tried the version of 24th of December… Then the component is not able to setup. When switching back to the version of 4 days ago I do get the authentication process again (but also again no way to complete this)

I’m curious as to what errors you’re receiving. Can you post them? I forked the repo and reverted to the Dec 24th commit and it’s working for me again. @shellster don’t get stressed over this! Get well soon.

BlockquoteError during setup of component lyric
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/setup.py”, line 174, in _async_setup_component
component.setup, hass, processed_config # type: ignore
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 57, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File “/config/custom_components/lyric/init.py”, line 124, in setup
import lyric
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘lyric’

This is what I see at the moment

So it looks like it’s not even finding the component. Would you like to try my repo? I can PM you the url to use in HACS.